Why Arabs Hate the US

What do leaders have to do with the Israeli military murdering civilians? Here is a picture from today:

1_221094_1_5.jpg

Two Palestinian children, age 12 and 13, were murdered by IDF watchtower sharpshooters while scavaging for scrap metal in order to eik out an existance. The Israelis military claims they thought they were suspicious and trying to plant something near their Wall. (Incidentally, at the Wall that was paid for by U.S. taxpayer's money funneled through the World Bank.)

I am amazed at the number of photo ops the Palestinians make available. They must find their children cheap and easily replaced. Just as they use retarded children to be suicide bombers.

One wonders how you yourself can be so uncaring. Wouldn't a stable Palestine with an authority to ensure the citizens are safe, keep such incidents from occurring? Again the questions go unanswered.

But you seem to be manipulated by the same.

Well the UN and US pretty much matched that with the Palestinians. I don't see much there in Palestine today, do you? Apparently the Palestinians can't even with hundreds of billions of dollars, make their portion of the land flourish.

Again, I wonder where Arafat put those billions? I wonder what the deal was that Arafat's wife had with the Palestinian leadership?

The money was there, the leadership wasn't.

And when asked why they squandered it, they blithely point to the US and Israel, thoughno connetion really exists in the sense that the US and Israel did not make Arafat and other Palestinian leaders theives. The leaders chose to do so on their own.

Why don't you ask yourself those self same questions?

Werbung:
I would like to hear the answer to drippinhun question.
[quoted=drippinhun] Why aren't you blaming the U.S. government for allowing the warring gangs throughout our country to mess up sections of entire cities?

We are over in the Middle East dictating so why not dictate here
at home to ice the crime and drugs? I bet if any answer is given
it will be a reply to sidestep the question.

Waring gangs in the US is a hyperbole. I don't see cafes being exploded by suicide bombers. I don't see show school buses being blown up by crazed individuals or dupes that are mentally retarded. I don't see anything near the craziness in Palestine, I have seen Compton and I have seen Old Jerusalem. Old Jerusalem is much much worse.

The warring gangs do not threaten the very foundations of our nation here at home. In fact they are on the wane the US puts every effort into putting them down. They are not nearly the problem of say, a secondary army armed by an outside country. Nowhere near that level.

I do not blame the government because it is trying to do things, and it does follow the rule of law in that the citizens decide how harshly to deal with these gangs through the laws passed.

Now one wonders if my questions will be answered or avoided? It will speak volumes of the honesty in which we assess the situation.

We are over in the Middle East dictating so why not dictate here
at home to ice the crime and drugs? I bet if any answer is given
it will be a reply to sidestep the question.

More hyperbole and untrue. We don't dictate in the Middle East. If the US actually did do that the countries and parties involved would act with more swiftness and less reluctance. Even in Iraq (which some of you have an issue with, perhaps you don't like democracies, or perhaps you prefer Saddam Hussein in charge, neither option is very moral in my view), the country carries out its actions on its own terms, and all the US can do is threaten to withdraw. I hardly call that "dictating". Syria certainly doesn't listen, neither does Iran. So how is the US dictating?

Finally there is a third component. The idea (which is ridiculous in a sense) that the US should have either a perfect domestic policy prior to directing policy abroad through international actions. To ignore the international implications of the attempted hegeomony of Iran in the region is hubris and without merit. Simple as that, and its little more than a debating tactic used in order to avoid the real issues involved.

Now lets see if you boys actually have the guts to face the issues you have not yet faced in regard to both the Palestinian corruption, Hezbollah interference in Lebanon (ie read Iranian) and the attempted Iranian hegemony.

I think I have been more than factual and forthcoming. I believe the two of you have been less so, in attempts to divert the debate since you are uncomfortable with the potential answers you will be forced to find.

One wonders how you yourself can be so uncaring. Wouldn't a stable Palestine with an authority to ensure the citizens are safe, keep such incidents from occurring? Again the questions go unanswered.

Do you think that a government is a government, and it weilds the same power as yours. Are you that naive? This government doesnt have the power to stop things like this, and it shouldn't have to stop children picking up scrap metal for money anyway, they aren't doing anything wrong.

baldar said:
More hyperbole and untrue. We don't dictate in the Middle East. If the US actually did do that the countries and parties involved would act with more swiftness and less reluctance. Even in Iraq (which some of you have an issue with, perhaps you don't like democracies, or perhaps you prefer Saddam Hussein in charge, neither option is very moral in my view), the country carries out its actions on its own terms, and all the US can do is threaten to withdraw. I hardly call that "dictating". Syria certainly doesn't listen, neither does Iran. So how is the US dictating?

First of all who is the two that you spoken about when you said
I believe the two of you have been less so, in attempts to divert
the debate since you are uncomfortable with the potential answers
you will be forced to find.

Democracies? Show me where democracy is taking place in Iraq?
With Saddam or without Saddam Iraq is facing its own situations,
and to me the USA isn't making things any better. You spoke
about threating to withdraw. To me we should withdraw or shut
the hell up. The withdraw sounds just like a kid telling another
kid..if you don't play right I won't play with you. In this world
today either you do it or you don't.

Waring gangs in the US is a hyperbole. I don't see cafes being exploded by suicide bombers. I don't see show school buses being blown up by crazed individuals or dupes that are mentally retarded. I don't see anything near the craziness in Palestine, I have seen Compton and I have seen Old Jerusalem. Old Jerusalem is much much worse.

The warring gangs do not threaten the very foundations of our nation here at home. In fact they are on the wane the US puts every effort into putting them down. They are not nearly the problem of say, a secondary army armed by an outside country. Nowhere near that level.

I do not blame the government because it is trying to do things, and it does follow the rule of law in that the citizens decide how harshly to deal with these gangs through the laws passed.

Now one wonders if my questions will be answered or avoided? It will speak volumes of the honesty in which we assess the situation.

Finally there is a third component. The idea (which is ridiculous in a sense) that the US should have either a perfect domestic policy prior to directing policy abroad through international actions. To ignore the international implications of the attempted hegeomony of Iran in the region is hubris and without merit. Simple as that, and its little more than a debating tactic used in order to avoid the real issues involved.

Now lets see if you boys actually have the guts to face the issues you have not yet faced in regard to both the Palestinian corruption, Hezbollah interference in Lebanon (ie read Iranian) and the attempted Iranian hegemony.

I think I have been more than factual and forthcoming. I believe the two of you have been less so, in attempts to divert the debate since you are uncomfortable with the potential answers you will be forced to find.

Your childish posturing to imply that we lack the fortitude to be honest is a joke. We know that Palestinians that have been pushed retaliate. And we know Iraqi nationalists are fighting each other in sectarian violence since the US fractured the enforced stability in that nation. Still it doesn't excuse the plain fact that Israel has methodically been destroying the Palestinains, that we support and prop up Israel's actions, and that the neocons helped persuade a brain damaged, drug abused, spoiled rich punk to do whatever it took to invade a sovereign nation that was not threatening us.

And now you have picked up the siren song against the next nation in the region who may have any economic power of self-sufficiency for our government to pick a fight to neuter their society. You are a sycophant of this Bush Iranian Plan. But for many of us, we don't support watching innocent people slaughtered. And especially when Iraq had never attacked us, such was the case with the USS Liberty Incident by your described, so-called ally.

Do you think that a government is a government, and it weilds the same power as yours. Are you that naive? This government doesnt have the power to stop things like this, and it shouldn't have to stop children picking up scrap metal for money anyway, they aren't doing anything wrong.

I do know the Palestinian government, if it wished too could indeed control the acts of terrorism. They have no problem breaking human rights for their won needs. I have seen them do it. The government has the power, but chooses to keep the people ignorant and squanders the hundreds of millions through corruption. Do you know how many shop keepers have to pay Fatah protection money? Not to mention the same number that have to pay the Hezbollah movement also.

You will forgive me for being cynical, but it appears you are the naive one to believe that the poor government in Palestine is somehow a victim of the parties it controls.

baldar said:

First of all who is the two that you spoken about when you said
I believe the two of you have been less so, in attempts to divert
the debate since you are uncomfortable with the potential answers
you will be forced to find.

Democracies? Show me where democracy is taking place in Iraq?
With Saddam or without Saddam Iraq is facing its own situations,
and to me the USA isn't making things any better. You spoke
about threating to withdraw. To me we should withdraw or shut
the hell up. The withdraw sounds just like a kid telling another
kid..if you don't play right I won't play with you. In this world
today either you do it or you don't.

Not just two, and not simply the person on the street.

I am sorry that you assume, when terrorist threaten anyone who votes and yet the vast majority still come out to vote, that you do not consider that a democracy. What do you call it? A dictatorship? ;) :D :rolleyes:

Of course you are naive to believe that if the US withdraws taht suddenly all will be well and everyone will go back to sheep farming. I suggest you attempt to review the potential actions in place, and do so honestly.

Again you still haven't answered the questions as I have honestly done. Would you like me to post them again? Or are you avoiding the issues that I have put forth in honesty.

I do not think that the entire Arab world hates us. However below
is some of the things that Muslims is facing within our religion, and
nobody is taking the time to realize these things. We hate so now
we think that everyone hate like we do.

Middle East Tensions in the 1970s and 1980s
Though neither government agencies nor Arab or Muslim nongovernmental
organizations tracked incidents of bias-motivated crime in the 1970s, Arab
and Muslim activists point to the 1973 Arab-Israeli war and oil embargo as
a starting point for increased prejudice and hostility against their communities
in the United States. An Arab-American from Dearborn, Michigan described the
change in public attitudes towards Arab-Americans after 1973 in the following way:
"suddenly we were being held responsible for things we had nothing to do with and
no control over and maybe didn't even support in the first place. Activists contend
that hostility increased during the Iran hostage crisis in 1979. According to Albert
Mokhiber, former President of the American Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee (ADC),
the oldest Arab-American civil rights organization, "Iranians were being targeted for
te crimes at that point... so were Arab-Americans, and Arabs and Iranians aren't the
same.

Arab-American activists also believe the ABSCAM scandal of 1980 heightened
negative stereotypes of Arabs. ABSCAM, short for "Arab Scam," was a federal
olitical corruption sting operation in which federal agents posed as wealthy sheiks
d offered bribes to politicians. As one Arab-American noted, after ABSCAM:
[A]ll Arabs were bad. Everybody was lumped together. You became that horrible,
hook-nosed, terrorizing murderer. You were not to be trusted. The founders of the
ADC credit the negative publicity surrounding the ABSCAM scandal as the impetus
for the group's creation.

The hijacking of TWA Flight 847 by Shiite militants on June 14, 1985 and the
hijacking of the Italian cruise liner the Achille Lauro on October 7, 1985 by the
Palstinian Liberation Organization were followed by a spate of violent crimes against
Arab and Muslims in the United States. On October 11, 1985, the regional director of
the ADC Southern California office, Alex Odeh, was killed when a bomb exploded outside
the front door of his office.The day before, Odeh had been on local television denying
PLO involvement in the hijacking. The ADC office in Washington, D.C., was firebombed
two months after Odeh's death.Two months before Odeh's murder, a bomb outside the
ADC's Boston office injured a policeman when it detonated while the officer was trying
to defuse it. In the same time period, a Houston mosque was pipebombed (causing $50,000
in damage), the windows of the Islamic Institute in Dearborn, Michigan were broken, and a mosque in Potomac, Maryland was vandalized. In 1986, the day the United States attacked Libya, five Arab students at Syracuse University were beaten while their attackers yelled anti-Arab epithets. Arab-American businesses in Dearborn, Michigan were also vandalized soon after the attack on Libya.

This is just a rundown of past events that took place here in the states,
and in the Middle East during the 1970s and 1980s. So this can really be
viewed as Do the United States hate Muslims?

This is a report that I received from a global Human Rights organization
years ago, and this thread title brought this piece to mind to show just
about the time this terrorist movement started.

Nothing substantive there, considering that the rights of Arabs in the United States are protected, but abroad, many of those self same Arab groups find it easy to justify attacks that protect no rights.

You still haven't answered the questions.

I understand that apologists abound for the myriad of terrorist attacks by different sects of Arabs. But you need to reread my original post.

By the way my follow up questions:

Bulldozing public buildings for punative terrorist action, you seem to be skipping that part. And yes, Israel has been stealing land too. Of course the Palestinians have given Israel every excuse to do just that. Everytime you blow up a kiosk or a school bus, the local government isn't going to feel bad about bulldozing the family home, or stealing their land. You seem to be skipping the brutality on one side while magnifying it on the other. And while Israelis aren't killing each other, I must say the Palestinians are doing far worse and killing more Palestinians than the Israelis are doing.

Regarding Lebanon:
You make a giant leap from 1926 to 1970's. It was peaceful coexistance for much of that time until Syria (which did not exist as a country since it was Ottomanterritory until the Ottoman fall in which the League of Nations decided to divide control between the UK and France, winners of WWI against the Ottoman's losing in WWI. In fact Syria did not even claim independence until 1941 (an empty claim until it was recognized in 1944). Lebanon was in a geographic area known as greater syria, not a political entity or country. It also was under Ottoman control until the Ottoman's lost WWI and then it became a French mandate. Lebanese independence actually came before Syria's as recognized in 1941 and held elections in 1943. Long before Syria ever established any kind of cohesive political unit.

It seems you are missing a number of points. One being that Lebanon was never a part of Syria, though many Syrians seem to think it was, or more to the fact, want to think it should be. A type of localized imperialism, not unlike Israel and some of their views of a "greater Israel".

Perhaps the largest act of instability was allowing Palestinian refugees to remain in Lebanon. Its seems that no matter where the Palestinian refugees go, they cause trouble. Look at their history in Jordan and Lebanon. The Phalange Lebanese played a very small role in that unstable history, especially relative to the Palestinian refugee situation.

In conclusion:

The Lebanese were independent with their own governing body before Syria was.

The Lebanese by and large desire to remain independent.

And it would seem that Syria doesn't like it and is willing to assassinate those that stand in their way. A reflection of the equivalent Israeli imperialism locally.

Regarding the barbarians from the south.

Why is it that Lebanon allows a rival army like Hezbollah to occupy its country?

Why isn't that independent army being blamed by you for dragging Lebanon into its personal war with Israel?

You seem to show a memory loss when it comes to the why's of things happenng rather than looking at the events as they actually are.

I do not think that the entire Arab world hates us. However below
is some of the things that Muslims is facing within our religion, and
nobody is taking the time to realize these things. We hate so now
we think that everyone hate like we do.
This is just a rundown of past events that took place here in the states,
and in the Middle East during the 1970s and 1980s. So this can really be
viewed as Do the United States hate Muslims?

This is a report that I received from a global Human Rights organization
years ago, and this thread title brought this piece to mind to show just
about the time this terrorist movement started.

During the 70s and 80s there were probably 100 churches burned. Numerous Jewish Temples vandalized. Probably thousands of crimes commited against whites because they were white, and blacks because they were black. "Do the United States hate" Christians, Jews, Whites and Blacks? MARK

Werbung:
Back