why do people who dont believe question god anyway?????

Werbung:
Am I just a mere child?
Depends on your level of responsibility and your how well you do fulfilling those obligations. True story: Kid at my old HS started a software company while he was a sophmore. When he graduated he sold the company for $10 million. That's impressive and inspiring. Don't spend any time worrying about what others think about you, find something you consider fun, something productive, and be awesome.

As a liberal, I disagree with you. The Government must intervene sometimes. See the item about the Homeless children of New York. All governments have a duty to help the poor even if it violates others rights.
I hope you had a Happy Christmas and will have a Happy New year

As a liberal, I disagree with you. The Government must intervene sometimes. See the item about the Homeless children of New York. All governments have a duty to help the poor even if it violates others rights.

Who are you responding to? I haven't seen anything in this thread about the government and homeless kids until your post but I must admit the false dichotomy regarding the trampling of rights made me chuckle a wee bit.

Am I just a mere child?

Diamonds, you may be missing the point DogTowner was making. In looking back over my life, I discovered that I was smarter at 4 than at 2, smarter at 10 than at 4, and A LOT smarter at 60 than I was when I was 21. Intelligence isn't just knowing facts. Intelligence is knowing what to do with those facts in order to solve problems. Intelligence comes as much or more from experience than from formal education.

I'm certain you know adults who are as stupid as small shrubs. I know 60-year-old company executives who are mental midgets. I've also known 18-year-old persons who've learned a lot in their short time on earth. Don't let yourself fall into the Dawkins trap of putting everyone in categories. As we can't say that ALL persons of your age aren't as smart as those of my age, you can't say the opposite with any certainty either. ALWAYS look at individuals, not groups.

One can say this with 100% certainty: All else being equal between an 18 year old and a 60 year old, the 60 year old will be smarter! By that I'm saying that if each person has the same mental capacity to learn from education and life experiences, the greater experience of the 60 year old WILL make him/her smarter. Doesn't that make sense?

My response was partly to gen Senc on the 24 December. Here he pointed out people are oppose to response against their group but not to others.

It also link to the story that there are more homeless children in New York than anytime since the great depression

This is typical liberal thinking. How can the government help these children when the government is the cause of this crisis?

Government is not the answer. Government is the problem!

And, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you too Aus ...

Last edited:
Yes, when we had small government we didn't have social problems

Well apart from slavery

And poverty on an industrial scale

And lynchings

And huge rates of infant mortality

You, know, like the good old days when life expectancy was half of what it is now

You must agree that certain circumstances will force the young to grow up faster. They may see things that nobody should have to see or experience in their life time.
I've learned that (through religion) god doesn't give us more than we can handle.
This means that we will be brocken time and time again, but he has not abandoned us. And hopefully he never will.
I understand that their are atheist on this thread so I am not implicating you, since you do not believe but the concept of the words is still there

The government isn't perfect, but it works and why shoils we shut down something that works?
The government is a bunch of inconsiderate top rate assholes who don't really care about this economy, they only care about their next pay check.
Maybe one day we will get people up there that want to fix things, but fir now we are screwed over in debt up to our necks.
Government this government that.:mad:
Screw them what can we do about their screw ups?????
NOTHING:confused:

Werbung:
Back