10 Reasons Gay Marriage is Unamerican and Wrong

How sanctified is a marriage between a man and a woman with a divorce rate of over 40%? And what right does any person have to tell someone that they can't marry the person they love, even if that person is the same gender? Politics and religion aside, it is butting in on someone else's private affair.

Look into his eyes lovingly, promise till death do you part, start calling him your wife, done deal. No one is telling you anything.
The dont be butting in arguement is a little tortured when you are longing for the government to but in and license and regulate your personal relationship.

Werbung:
Aaaaaand in most states, if they are both married and cohabitating, the man will be presumed to be the biological father of the child. Doesnt matter if its a one night stand or artificial insemination. In many states, after the kid is two, the child is conclusively presumed to be the biological father. Even a dna test cant rebut the presumption. And I am talking about what marriage laws are all about. Did you think marriage laws were because two people are rubbing their genitals together, and not because what can happen when a man and a woman rub their genitals together?

"In many states, after the kid is two, the child is conclusively presumed to be the biological father."

I'm my own daddy. Nice.

So what you're saying that a marriage is only for the sake of children, is that it? Then tell me why there are thousands of happily married couples without children. If what you are saying is true, wouldn't it make more sense to annul a marriage that does not produce offspring? Is that what you would prefer?

Which means, of course, that marriage is all about biology, not love or companionship or happiness. Of COURSE, why didn't I know that? Everyone gets married because they're a horn dog who wants to reproduce. Obviously.

In the typical marriage vows, unaltered by bride or groom, there is no mention of children. It is a bond of love, not of reproduction. If what you are saying is true, that marriage is for the sake of the children, then why do we have large, elaborate ceremonies at all? Certainly not for the children, who generally haven't been conceived yet.

So what you're saying that a marriage is only for the sake of children, is that it?

Nooooooo. The purpose of the marriage LAWS is for the sake of children, and women. People get married for any number of reasons.

In the typical marriage vows, unaltered by bride or groom, there is no mention of children.

"Vows" no one is talking about vows. Marriage LAWS. Nothing in the vows that says if things dont work out we split the property down the middle, but thats what the law says.

Yes, just not in being able to back up your repetitive arguments.

Like this one:

Not my problem if you are intellectually challenged.

"It" says that a union that does not result in children.... Is this it a definitive definition of marriage? Does it really say that a childless marriage is not a real marriage?

I meant the uhdr - the document you were addressing your arguments to.

Isn't a marriage an agreement between two consenting adults anyway?

Yes it is a contract in the broadest sense - a meeting of minds (or hearts, if you are romantically inclined).

However, it is the ONLY CONTRACT THAT BINDS ANOTHER PERSON NOT PARTY TO IT - CHILDREN. Naturally, it becomes subject to government regulation.

And this one:

So, it is only about the mother's procreation? The father has nothing to do with it?

The parenthood of the biological father is utterly dependent on the SUFFERANCE OF THE MOTHER. The biological father HAS NO PARENTAL RIGHTS without marriage.

Even with marriage, the rights of the mother regarding custody in the event of dissolution supersedes that of the father.

Then, I suppose a lesbian couple would have a doubly good marriage, since there are two female genders involved, both able to procreate.

Both CANNOT PROCREATE WITHIN THE UNION. The nuclear family IS NOT POSSIBLE WITHIN THE UNION. You supposed wrong.

Why insist on calling it a marriage when the purposes of marriage is NOT POSSIBLE, eh????

And there is this excellent example of circular reasoning:

A homosexual union is not a natural union, because homosexuality is unnatural, so a homosexual union is not natural.

How is this a circular argument, eh?

Do you deny that the sexual act is FUNDAMENTALLY, A PRO-CREATIVE MECHANISM OF THE SPECIE?

That, of course, ignores the fact that god himself created homosexuals. How can you say that his creation is unnatural?

God created a human person who chooses (by virtue of his free will) to ignore the pro-creative potential god gave him. Capice?

And, then, I keep reading different variations of this theme:

Therefore, a child who has been conceived by artificial insemination, or has been adopted, should have the same rights as one who is being raised by heterosexual partners, whether or not they are the biological parents of the child. Therefore, anyone should be allowed to marry, regardless of their sexual orientation, in order to protect the children who had no say as to the circumstances into which he/she was born.

What are you talking about???

A heterosexual married woman opting for artificial insemination USUALLY gets her husband's sperm. And if, for some reason, you are talking about a married woman opting for the sperm of another man, the situation paints a truly bizzare picture, one can't help but wonder how desperate you are with your argument.

In assigning foster parents to an orphaned child, the state necessarily DISCRIMINATES in order to determine what would best serve the INTERESTS OF THE CHILD.

Cetainly, one would imagine financial stability as one of the requirements, don't you think? So tell me, how can a couple demonstrate financial stability on the one hand, and whine about tax perks of married couples on the other, eh?

You are making my argument for me.

I have to give you credit for persistence. You have taken on an untenable position, one that has no fact or logic on its side, yet haven't given up.

Nor have you resorted to the "It's wrong because God says so" argument. I'll give you a lot of credit for that.

Fact - the universal declaration of human rights states the principles for which marital laws should be concieved.

Fact - the udhr makes NO mention, nor allusion, to any sort of homosexual union in stating the marital rights of an individual.

Fact - the right to motherhood is a SPECIAL RIGHT accorded to all the members of the female gender.

Fact - the rights of children are SPECIAL RIGHTS under the udhr and is expounded in detail in a similar declaration.

Fact - the nuclear (natural) family can only be established by the UNION OF A MAN AND A WOMAN.

Fact - the rights of married couples come from the responsibilities bestowed upon them in the natural and logical course of the exercise of the above rights.

Are these facts enough for you, hmmm?

Not my problem if you are intellectually challenged.

I see you are out of arguments and have descended into personal insults.:rolleyes:

I meant the uhdr - the document you were addressing your arguments to.

That's what I thought. "It" still doesn't say that the only purpose of marriage is motherhood.

Yes it is a contract in the broadest sense - a meeting of minds (or hearts, if you are romantically inclined).

However, it is the ONLY CONTRACT THAT BINDS ANOTHER PERSON NOT PARTY TO IT - CHILDREN. Naturally, it becomes subject to government regulation.

That is only true if children become involved. A childless couple is just as married as one with children.

The parenthood of the biological father is utterly dependent on the SUFFERANCE OF THE MOTHER. The biological father HAS NO PARENTAL RIGHTS without marriage.

Even with marriage, the rights of the mother regarding custody in the event of dissolution supersedes that of the father.

Another argument in favor of homosexual marriage, at least of women. The father has no parental rights anyway.

Both CANNOT PROCREATE WITHIN THE UNION. The nuclear family IS NOT POSSIBLE WITHIN THE UNION. You supposed wrong.

That is not relevant.

Why insist on calling it a marriage when the purposes of marriage is NOT POSSIBLE, eh????

That argument is dependent on the premise that the only purpose of marriage is motherhood. That premise has already been disproven.

How is this a circular argument, eh?

I already explained that.

Do you deny that the sexual act is FUNDAMENTALLY, A PRO-CREATIVE MECHANISM OF THE SPECIE?

A sexual act can be many things: An attempt to pass one's genes on to the next generation, an expression of love, a simple bodily function, even an attack. Every sexual act certainly doesn't result in procreation. If it did, we'd be hip deep in babies.

God created a human person who chooses (by virtue of his free will) to ignore the pro-creative potential god gave him. Capice?

No, God created some people who have a sexual attraction to their own gender. I'm not sure why, but that's how it is. Do you want to start a discussion of whether homosexuality is a choice? I'm afraid you'd be arguing from a disadvantage again.

What are you talking about???

A heterosexual married woman opting for artificial insemination USUALLY gets her husband's sperm. And if, for some reason, you are talking about a married woman opting for the sperm of another man, the situation paints a truly bizzare picture, one can't help but wonder how desperate you are with your argument.

That is irrelevant. If a man is sterile, is his wife to divorce him and find another mate who can impregnate her? What is wrong with going to a sperm bank?

Human beings are defined more by culture than by genes. The lesser species have a biological imperative to pass on their genes, but we can do much more by passing on our culture to the next generation.

In assigning foster parents to an orphaned child, the state necessarily DISCRIMINATES in order to determine what would best serve the INTERESTS OF THE CHILD.

That is as it should be. Would you have the court give an orphaned child to a single parent, or to a homosexual couple in a stable relationship? Which would be best for the child involved?

Cetainly, one would imagine financial stability as one of the requirements, don't you think? So tell me, how can a couple demonstrate financial stability on the one hand, and whine about tax perks of married couples on the other, eh?

Don't you think tax perks have something to do with that financial stability?

Fact - the universal declaration of human rights states the principles for which marital laws should be concieved.

Fact - the udhr makes NO mention, nor allusion, to any sort of homosexual union in stating the marital rights of an individual.

Which, of course, leaves the decision up to individuals.

Fact - the right to motherhood is a SPECIAL RIGHT accorded to all the members of the female gender.

Well, I'm not going to try to argue that men have the right to motherhood.:p

Fact - the rights of children are SPECIAL RIGHTS under the udhr and is expounded in detail in a similar declaration.

Yes, children certainly should have special rights. Your point is????

Fact - the nuclear (natural) family can only be established by the UNION OF A MAN AND A WOMAN.

Fact - the rights of married couples come from the responsibilities bestowed upon them in the natural and logical course of the exercise of the above rights.

No, those are not facts, but opinions. They may be your opinion, but you still haven't backed them up with actual facts, nor can you.

Are these facts enough for you, hmmm?

The facts are enough. I still don't agree with your opinions, however.

There is more to marriage than motherhood. That is also an opinion, but, unlike the ones above, one which I have amply backed up with facts.

I see you are out of arguments and have descended into personal insults.:rolleyes:

Is it still an insult when the statement has factual basis, hmmm?

That's what I thought. "It" still doesn't say that the only purpose of marriage is motherhood.

The udhr says that the state cannot make laws that would contradict the stated principles. You may have you own purpose for marrying but the purposes for which the state legalizes marriage are - and I repeat - the right to motherhood, the rights of children and family relations.

That is only true if children become involved. A childless couple is just as married as one with children.

Eh? You do not understand reproductive POTENTIAL???

Tell me, does the homosexual act manifest ANY reproductive potential????

Another argument in favor of homosexual marriage, at least of women. The father has no parental rights anyway.

If the parental rights of the biological father, a contributor to the woman's fecundity, is defective, what more the lesbian partner - who contributed NOTHING?

You really can leap from one absurdity to another you might as well be superman.

That is not relevant.

The 'natural and fundamental group unit of society' is irrelevant???

You can't even keep your argument consistent.

That argument is dependent on the premise that the only purpose of marriage is motherhood. That premise has already been disproven.

Disproven by what, eh?

I already explained that.

A circular argument is one that postulates the proposition that is being proven. I did no such thing, nor have you explained anything to this effect.

A sexual act can be many things: An attempt to pass one's genes on to the next generation,

pro-creative

an expression of love,

human love is the vehicle through which the process of creation occurs. pro-creative.

a simple bodily function,

which is another way of passing on one's genes - pro-creative.

even an attack.

Definitely NOT pro-creative. You can lump this one up with homosexuality.

Every sexual act certainly doesn't result in procreation. If it did, we'd be hip deep in babies.

Did I say 'every'? I said the sexual act is FUNDAMENTALLY, a pro-creative mechanism of the specie. Yep, that's what I said.

No, God created some people who have a sexual attraction to their own gender. I'm not sure why, but that's how it is. Do you want to start a discussion of whether homosexuality is a choice? I'm afraid you'd be arguing from a disadvantage again.

Now, whose arguing 'because god says so', eh? Evil occurs everywhere and yet one cannot claim evil to be god's creation. You do need to keep up.

That is irrelevant. If a man is sterile, is his wife to divorce him and find another mate who can impregnate her? What is wrong with going to a sperm bank?

Yes. Exactly what is wrong with that? And while you're at it, what is wrong with the global organ trade?

When the natural pro-creative process is reduced to a mere financial transaction, that is what's wrong.

Human beings are defined more by culture than by genes. The lesser species have a biological imperative to pass on their genes, but we can do much more by passing on our culture to the next generation.

And it is this culture - when every human purpose is attached with a price tag - which you wish to pass on to the next generation. What a pity.

That is as it should be. Would you have the court give an orphaned child to a single parent, or to a homosexual couple in a stable relationship? Which would be best for the child involved?

One that approximates his natural family.

Don't you think tax perks have something to do with that financial stability?

No. And I think it is borderline fraud to adopt a child to get tax perks, a measure of financial stability in the process. Shame on you.

Which, of course, leaves the decision up to individuals.

It also doesn't say anything about degrees of consanguinity and yet I don't think you are looking to marry your hot first cousin - just your particular brand of sexual adventurism, hmmm?

Well, I'm not going to try to argue that men have the right to motherhood.:p

It certainly follows from your argument. A premise that leads to an absurdity is an absurdity.

Yes, children certainly should have special rights. Your point is????

Extending a woman's right to motherhood to her lesbian partner VIOLATES the child's rights. Capice?

No, those are not facts, but opinions. They may be your opinion, but you still haven't backed them up with actual facts, nor can you.

You do not think that the marital laws of the us logically follow the principles stated in the udhr?

The facts are enough. I still don't agree with your opinions, however.

You do not agree with the operation of logic, then?

There is more to marriage than motherhood. That is also an opinion, but, unlike the ones above, one which I have amply backed up with facts.

There isn't more to marriage - in the point of view of the STATE - other than the ones I have said. And unlike your opinion - this statement is a fact.

Is it still an insult when the statement has factual basis, hmmm?

Another insult, showing beyond a doubt that you have lost the game. You see, a debate like this one is just a game. I'm not trying to convince you that I'm right, just using fact and logic to try to dispute your opinions. Whenever you keep repeating yourself, then try to say that I'm mentally challenged because your repetitions fall on deaf ears, the game is essentially over.

The udhr says that the state cannot make laws that would contradict the stated principles. You may have you own purpose for marrying but the purposes for which the state legalizes marriage are - and I repeat - the right to motherhood, the rights of children and family relations.

Another repetition of the notion that motherhood is the only reason for marriage. You have not backed up that statement, and it has, in fact been logically refuted.

Eh? You do not understand reproductive POTENTIAL???

Tell me, does the homosexual act manifest ANY reproductive potential????

Of course not, but then, marriage is about more than the sex act.

If the parental rights of the biological father, a contributor to the woman's fecundity, is defective, what more the lesbian partner - who contributed NOTHING?

Most of the contributions of parenthood come after birth anyway.

You really can leap from one absurdity to another you might as well be superman.

Yet another personal insult. See above.

The 'natural and fundamental group unit of society' is irrelevant???

That isn't what I said. Try again.

You can't even keep your argument consistent.

I've been quite consistent, as have you. The difference is that I've been able to back up my arguments.

Disproven by what, eh?

Have you been reading my posts?

A circular argument is one that postulates the proposition that is being proven. I did no such thing, nor have you explained anything to this effect.

Yes, that is a good definition. Now, you have given us a definition, and an example as well.

pro-creative

human love is the vehicle through which the process of creation occurs. pro-creative.

which is another way of passing on one's genes - pro-creative.

Definitely NOT pro-creative. You can lump this one up with homosexuality.

You're lumping sexual assault and homosexuality? No wonder your arguments are falling flat. Most sexual assault happens when men assault women, and it often does result in procreation.

Did I say 'every'? I said the sexual act is FUNDAMENTALLY, a pro-creative mechanism of the specie. Yep, that's what I said.

Yes, that is what you said, and I respectfully disagree. Most sexual acts are performed for pleasure, not for procreation. Yes, of course, most procreation is the result of sexual activity, no doubt about that.

What is your definition of procreation, BTW? I'm using it to mean the union of the sperm and egg, resulting in the beginning of a new life.

Now, whose arguing 'because god says so', eh? Evil occurs everywhere and yet one cannot claim evil to be god's creation. You do need to keep up.

I see. So, homosexuality is evil? If it is evil, does the devil then create homosexuals? If it is evil, what evil results from it?

Yes, I did use a religious argument. No, I can't prove that god creates homosexuals, any more than you can prove the opposite. I can give you evidence that homosexuality is not a choice, but is a part of the individual.

Yes. Exactly what is wrong with that? And while you're at it, what is wrong with the global organ trade?

There is nothing wrong with artificial insemination, whether it is done because a man is sterile, or because the woman's lover is another woman.

When the natural pro-creative process is reduced to a mere financial transaction, that is what's wrong.

And it is this culture - when every human purpose is attached with a price tag - which you wish to pass on to the next generation. What a pity.

It is marriage that brings tax advantages as well as children. A homosexual couple with children can still declare the children as dependents. They just can't file jointly.

One that approximates his natural family.

Which, by extension, means people most genetically like the child, or most stable and likely to love and care for the child?

No. And I think it is borderline fraud to adopt a child to get tax perks, a measure of financial stability in the process. Shame on you.

Once again, my reference was to filing jointly, not to tax deductions.

No one of any sexual orientation is going to adopt a child simply for tax deductions. That is not only reprehensible, but it is poor economics as well.

It also doesn't say anything about degrees of consanguinity and yet I don't think you are looking to marry your hot first cousin - just your particular brand of sexual adventurism, hmmm?

And yet, it would be perfectly legal for me to marry my hot first cousin in most states, that is, it would be if I weren't already married.

It certainly follows from your argument. A premise that leads to an absurdity is an absurdity.

Yes, as you are fond of proving.

Extending a woman's right to motherhood to her lesbian partner VIOLATES the child's rights. Capice?

So you say. Yet another opinion not backed up by fact. How does raising a child in a homosexual partnership violate that child's rights?

You do not think that the marital laws of the us logically follow the principles stated in the udhr?

Does the udhr say that the only reason for marriage is motherhood? If so, then no, they do not. Your example given above does not prove that there are no other purposes for marriage, however, so maybe they do.

You do not agree with the operation of logic, then?

I have been arguing from the position of logic. You cannot do so in this debate, since your position is based on emotion. That doesn't mean you can't apply logic, of course, just that your current position has no logic to support it.

There isn't more to marriage - in the point of view of the STATE - other than the ones I have said. And unlike your opinion - this statement is a fact.

You keep repeating that opinion, but haven't done a thing to back it up. There is, of course no backup, as marriage is about more than motherhood, as I've already enumerated.

Another repetition of the notion that motherhood is the only reason for marriage.

Whats that, about the 6th time now? In response to someone making a comment regarding marriage LAWS, you respond regarding marriage. All the homosexuals want to get married so they can feel a little bit better about their relationship, a license as a sign of societal acceptance and government endorsement of their relationship. LAWS shouldnt be used to help people feel better about their sexual relationships.

Whats that, about the 6th time now? In response to someone making a comment regarding marriage LAWS, you respond regarding marriage. All the homosexuals want to get married so they can feel a little bit better about their relationship, a license as a sign of societal acceptance and government endorsement of their relationship. LAWS shouldnt be used to help people feel better about their sexual relationships.

Homosexuals want to get married for the same reason anyone else wants to get married.

Why should it matter so much you need to justify two different sets of standards?

Homosexuals want to get married for the same reason anyone else wants to get married.

Why should it matter so much you need to justify two different sets of standards?
It has baffled me for quite a while now... I don't understand how people can feel their religion is so important that it should override everyone else's rights.

There's a reason why we're better than the Islamic countries, and it has nothing to do with what the most common religion people have--it's because we allow for people of all beliefs to live their lives how they choose. It's because we DON'T let religion be the deciding factor of our laws.

When people believe that a lifestyle or an orientation that is in relation to two consenting adults is "immoral" and "wrong" to the degree that they think the law should never cover those people, it takes us away from what makes us better than the other countries.

I think the further we can be from becoming ANYTHING like the countries we are at war with, the better.

Im an atheist. And its biology, not religion.

If it's biology, it really shouldn't matter what orifice or body part is doing what--if people are enjoying themselves and it's not hurting anyone, what difference does it make, or are we going to go into what we put ON our bodies too--like what someone has said--if we're going to go by what is "natural", we wouldn't be doing 9/10 of the things we do. If it's just because it grosses you out, which is the most likely conclusion, what gives you the right to tell people what they can and cannot do because it "grosses you out"?

If it's biology, it really shouldn't matter what orifice or body part is doing what--if people are enjoying themselves and it's not hurting anyone, what difference does it make, or are we going to go into what we put ON our bodies too--like what someone has said--if we're going to go by what is "natural", we wouldn't be doing 9/10 of the things we do. If it's just because it grosses you out, which is the most likely conclusion, what gives you the right to tell people what they can and cannot do because it "grosses you out"?

well then why can't we all have sex in public and walk around naked? society can put limits on things that "gross out" a majority of the citizens. as a nudist, it pisses me off, but that's life. and if nature meant for the continuation of homosexuals (humans, dogs, birds, bugs, etc) it would have given homosexual beings the ability to reproduce. but it didn't. "breeders" are what keep the human race going. no offense.
:rolleyes:

Werbung:

What the hell are you going on about???? yall are free to put anything in any orifice you like. There are lots of things "people are enjoying themselves and it's not hurting anyone", thats not a reason for the government to license and regulate the activity. In fact its probably a reason NOT to regulate the activity.

Back