10 Reasons Gay Marriage is Unamerican and Wrong

well then why can't we all have sex in public and walk around naked? society can put limits on things that "gross out" a majority of the citizens. as a nudist, it pisses me off, but that's life. and if nature meant for the continuation of homosexuals (humans, dogs, birds, bugs, etc) it would have given homosexual beings the ability to reproduce. but it didn't. "breeders" are what keep the human race going. no offense.
:rolleyes:

Why should what people do in private gross anyone out? You don't have to even discuss it or think about it at all if you don't want to.

I've often wondered whether people who fixate on homosexuality to the point that it bothers them aren't thinking overly much about it because they aren't sure of their own heterosexuality. What do you think?

Werbung:
well then why can't we all have sex in public and walk around naked? society can put limits on things that "gross out" a majority of the citizens. as a nudist, it pisses me off, but that's life. and if nature meant for the continuation of homosexuals (humans, dogs, birds, bugs, etc) it would have given homosexual beings the ability to reproduce. but it didn't. "breeders" are what keep the human race going. no offense.

Who's talking about having sex and walking around naked?

We're talking about marriage between consenting adults.

What does reproduction have to do with anything? Since when, in this modern culture has marriage been primarily for reproductive purposes. Not everyone is a breeder.

Why should what people do in private gross anyone out? You don't have to even discuss it or think about it at all if you don't want to.

I've often wondered whether people who fixate on homosexuality to the point that it bothers them aren't thinking overly much about it because they aren't sure of their own heterosexuality. What do you think?

I find it intriguing that when you start talking about a gay person or couple - the first thng a certain segment of the population fixates upon is the sexual act.

Never mind they might be homebuyers, teachers, musicians, clerks, parents, dog-walkers, whatever...

Do you suppose they look at a heterosexual couple and think...gee...I wonder if they do it doggie style...or .... I wonder if he pokes her from behind?

Marriage is not biology.

Procreation is.

Procreation and raising a family however are two seperate functions that don't necessarily occur together. That's biology.

Cant keep using the same straw man over and over and over again. The purpose of marriage LAWS is because of biology. But for procreation there would be no valid reason whatsoever for government to regulate marriage. If children were manufactured and purchased retail, there would be no reason whatsoever for government to regulate and license couples who really really luuuuuv each other and planning to rub their body parts together to bring about pleasureable sensations. Really would be no societal advantage in doing so. Really no advantage to encouraging people to pick just one person to rub body parts with. Really no purpose in regulating the financial relationship between people because they are rubbung body parts. What would be the purpose?

The far majority of humans remain to be "breeders" and I dont think we are predicting any future shortfalls on heterosexuals. :rolleyes:

Now being a homosexual or a nudist or any number of lifestyles some choose that are not in the mainstream of what people consider normal, it is best left to the privacy of thier homes. I dont care if your a nudist if you keep your nudism to your home or separate beaches etc

Another insult, showing beyond a doubt that you have lost the game. You see, a debate like this one is just a game. I'm not trying to convince you that I'm right, just using fact and logic to try to dispute your opinions. Whenever you keep repeating yourself, then try to say that I'm mentally challenged because your repetitions fall on deaf ears, the game is essentially over.

I simply do not give opinions with no factual nor logical basis.

Another repetition of the notion that motherhood is the only reason for marriage. You have not backed up that statement, and it has, in fact been logically refuted.

If marriage is what the intending spouses deem it is, then there is no reason for the state to legalize it. It is enough that the state respect their privacy and the pursuit of their happiness - however bizarre that may be.

That is plain propositional logic for you.

The fact that marriage is governed by laws only means that some aspects of the marital institution exceed the bounds of privacy and pursuit of happiness - namely the right to motherhood, the rights of children and family relations.

You have not mentioned the marital institution as it pertains to the purpose of the state.

Refute, indeed!

Of course not, but then, marriage is about more than the sex act.

Tell me - does the state really give a rat's ass how you perform your marital obligations to your spouse?

The only reasons the state is compelled to regulate marriage are those that result from the above-mentioned marital dimension.

So, keep your reasons to yourself.

Most of the contributions of parenthood come after birth anyway.

That doesn't change the RIGHTS OF CHILDREN.

One can make the argument that one is a better mother or father than another and STILL, ALL children have the right to grow up with his natural family.

Yet another personal insult. See above.

Perhaps you wouldn't feel so insulted if you have presented a rational argument to begin with.

That isn't what I said. Try again.

And yet, you are willing to overlook this important fact. Just so that gays get society to kiss their collective behinds, eh?

I've been quite consistent, as have you. The difference is that I've been able to back up my arguments.

With what? What legal precedent or logical principle have you stated to support your bone-head opinion, eh?

Have you been reading my posts?

Yes I have. You have said NOTHING against the right to motherhood except to claim that women in their 60s cannot bear children.

You have said NOTHING against the rights of children except to claim that a homosexual couple is better than a single parent, or no parent for that matter.

You have said NOTHING against family relations except to claim that gays have families too.

So, what exactly have you refuted, hmmm?

Yes, that is a good definition. Now, you have given us a definition, and an example as well.

That is the ONLY definition. So, having been thoroughly educated with the meaning of the word, would you mind pointing to a circular argument that I made, hmmm?

You're lumping sexual assault and homosexuality? No wonder your arguments are falling flat. Most sexual assault happens when men assault women, and it often does result in procreation.

Its simple set operation and membership, even grade schoolers are capable of it. Sexual assault and homosexuality belong to the set of sexual acts that are not pro-creative in nature - hence cannot be made the basis of marriage.

Flawless logic.

Yes, that is what you said, and I respectfully disagree. Most sexual acts are performed for pleasure, not for procreation. Yes, of course, most procreation is the result of sexual activity, no doubt about that

No amount of disagreement can change the fact that sex is merely a part of the entire process of procreation.

Your statement is symptomatic of a fundamentally faulty logic. The state does not deem your personal pleasure as the purpose of the marital institution, nor any law for that matter. Ethics does not dictate that you act according to a calculation of pleasure, alone.

While sex may indeed be pleasurable and that people do indulge in sex for the pleasure that it brings, such standards of human action has nothing to do with the law nor ethics.

What is your definition of procreation, BTW? I'm using it to mean the union of the sperm and egg, resulting in the beginning of a new life.

LMAO. You were assuming a dictionary definition when my replies clearly allude to something transcendental? No wonder you are lost.

Pro-creation is the way rational beings share in the PROCESS OF CREATION initiated by the creator. From this, it becomes obvious that any action, to be deemed pro-creative, must conform to a rational conception of HUMAN POTENTIAL.

I see. So, homosexuality is evil?

Yes, insofar as it does not conform to a rational nor ethical good.

If it is evil, does the devil then create homosexuals?

Evil is an absence of good, hence has NO independent and objective existence. You do not need the devil to commit an evil act - only the willful choice to act in a manner CONTRARY to an objective good.

Your statement is entirely bereft of propositional logic.

If it is evil, what evil results from it?

It reduces the UNITIVE AND PRO-CREATIVE PURPOSE of human sexuality to a mere act of personal pleasure.

Yes, I did use a religious argument. No, I can't prove that god creates homosexuals, any more than you can prove the opposite. I can give you evidence that homosexuality is not a choice, but is a part of the individual.

No you cannot.

To establish a valid correlation between homosexuality and a physical or genetic factor, one must demonstrate that the occurrence of one and the other follow a normal statistical distribution.

To wit, if a normally distributed population of people produces x percent of homosexuals, then x percent of homosexuals must occur everywhere. In fact, this applies to almost all normally distributed statistical fields such that the confidence levels associated with standard deviations are more or less uniform.

Now, if your alleged evidence does not conform to this standard of mathematical rigor, then you might as well keep it to yourself.

There is nothing wrong with artificial insemination, whether it is done because a man is sterile, or because the woman's lover is another woman.

It is obvious that you cannot continue your argument within the bounds of the LAW. And if you think you can improve your chances in ethics, you are sadly mistaken.

There is a difference between sterility and impotence. In the latter case, artificial insemination of a married woman with the seeds of her husband is merely an aid to an otherwise natural process. In the former, the medical procedure undermines the whole point of marriage, not to mention the fundamental rights of the child.

From an ethical point of view, conjugal love has BOTH unitive and pro-creative aspects – aspects that are inseparable from one another. A conjugal love lacking one or both of these aspects is inherently DEFECTIVE.

It is marriage that brings tax advantages as well as children. A homosexual couple with children can still declare the children as dependents. They just can't file jointly.

No. My reply was a criticism of the medical procedure of artificial insemination, especially regarding ethics.

Which, by extension, means people most genetically like the child, or most stable and likely to love and care for the child?

You are not even aware of the rights of a child and here you are expounding adoption as if it were a puppy being contemplated here. The cultural background of the prospective parents play a major factor in the determination of adoption.

Once again, my reference was to filing jointly, not to tax deductions.

No one of any sexual orientation is going to adopt a child simply for tax deductions. That is not only reprehensible, but it is poor economics as well.

What about adoption for the purpose of child exploitation, eh? Is this not economically rewarding?

The point in all this is that in determining adoption, the state necessarily applies DUE DILIGENCE AND DISCRIMINATION to protect the rights and interests of the child. It has nothing to do with prejudice against a particular sexual preference.

And yet, it would be perfectly legal for me to marry my hot first cousin in most states, that is, it would be if I weren't already married.

Are you in the habit of equating legality with ethics? Everything is ok as long as it can be proven permissible legally, eh?

Yes, as you are fond of proving.

Glad to see you finally admit your own absurdity.

So you say. Yet another opinion not backed up by fact. How does raising a child in a homosexual partnership violate that child's rights?

It is backed up by fact – the declaration of the rights of children.

Does the udhr say that the only reason for marriage is motherhood? If so, then no, they do not. Your example given above does not prove that there are no other purposes for marriage, however, so maybe they do.

Sigh.

The purposes you have enumerated DO NOT SERVE THE PURPOSE OF THE STATE NOR OF SOCIETY – ONLY YOUR OWN.

I have been arguing from the position of logic.

You have been arguing from the anal passage of some very angry homosexuals – a very unenviable position, I assure you.

You cannot do so in this debate, since your position is based on emotion.

LMAO.

The law and human rights are as objective as can be – nothing to do with emotion, whatsoever.

That doesn't mean you can't apply logic, of course, just that your current position has no logic to support it

LMAO some more.

I am arguing from the position of the UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS and the RIGHTS OF CHILDREN – declarations that were ratified in the UN GENERAL ASSEMBLY.

Your argument, on the other hand, is based entirely on the rhetoric of some very loud gay activists who can only discern their self-worth through an act of legislation.

Pretending logic in your argument only makes you appear foolish.

You keep repeating that opinion, but haven't done a thing to back it up. There is, of course no backup, as marriage is about more than motherhood, as I've already enumerated.

The udhr can very well speak for itself. I am flattered, however, that you attribute the principles of such an important declaration to me.

Homosexuals want to get married for the same reason anyone else wants to get married.

Why should it matter so much you need to justify two different sets of standards?

The reason homosexuals want to get married is not what he purpose of the state for legal marriage.

There are two different standards - ethical and legal. Homosexuality is not valid according both standards.

If it's biology, it really shouldn't matter what orifice or body part is doing what

It depends on the purpose of the action.

--if people are enjoying themselves and it's not hurting anyone, what difference does it make, or are we going to go into what we put ON our bodies too--like what someone has said--if we're going to go by what is "natural", we wouldn't be doing 9/10 of the things we do. If it's just because it grosses you out, which is the most likely conclusion, what gives you the right to tell people what they can and cannot do because it "grosses you out"?

Nobody is stopping you from getting some rear action. Its just not a valid reason to make something legal.

If the world is going to survive, the 'breeders' are going to suffer some severe restraints. Indeed, non-breeders will become the heros and heroines of the world.

Being able to breed does not elevate any one. Cats, dogs, and cockroaches breed. A great many people would have been better off if they had never met their natural parents. Almost any one would have been a better choce, including a gay or lesbian parent.

Yes breeders do provide more people. The one thing the world does not need. But, children can be produced without two parents. And a gay or lesbian can have children the same way infertile parents do.

Virtually all gays/lesbians come from straight, two parent homes. Proving that having straight parents is the single cause of being gay/lesbian. It is the only thing that every gay/lesbian has in common.

Cant keep using the same straw man over and over and over again. The purpose of marriage LAWS is because of biology. But for procreation there would be no valid reason whatsoever for government to regulate marriage. If children were manufactured and purchased retail, there would be no reason whatsoever for government to regulate and license couples who really really luuuuuv each other and planning to rub their body parts together to bring about pleasureable sensations. Really would be no societal advantage in doing so. Really no advantage to encouraging people to pick just one person to rub body parts with. Really no purpose in regulating the financial relationship between people because they are rubbung body parts. What would be the purpose?

It's no strawman.

Consider the following facts:

Historically and presently, marriage is nothing more then a legal document for the purposes of defining property rights and rights of inheritence. In the modern world that means that married couples - with or without offspring have special rights given them that are not given to anyone else. This includes a greater consideration in adoption, the ability to be at a loved one's side during hospitalization (immediate family only) and inheritance - it is much harder for other family members to contest a will if the person is married to his partner.

In the end though, it ultimately doesn't matter. Those arguing against it are using selected archaic ideas of marriage to justify their position (while simultaneiousy ignoring other archaic ideas of marriage).

Who says that ideas of what consitute marriage are static and can't change?

It has changed before, and it will again.

In the end, when considering societal changes - there is one important question: does it damage or cause harm to anything or anyone? Does it damage society?

I can't see that it does.

It's no strawman.

Consider the following facts:

Historically and presently, marriage is nothing more then a legal document for the purposes of defining property rights and rights of inheritence. In the modern world that means that married couples - with or without offspring have special rights given them that are not given to anyone else. This includes a greater consideration in adoption, the ability to be at a loved one's side during hospitalization (immediate family only) and inheritance - it is much harder for other family members to contest a will if the person is married to his partner.

In the end though, it ultimately doesn't matter. Those arguing against it are using selected archaic ideas of marriage to justify their position (while simultaneiousy ignoring other archaic ideas of marriage).

Who says that ideas of what consitute marriage are static and can't change?

It has changed before, and it will again.

In the end, when considering societal changes - there is one important question: does it damage or cause harm to anything or anyone? Does it damage society?

I can't see that it does.

It does.

A law that does not conform to an ethical or common good is inherently harmful, the extent of which is indeterminate at the present time. Understand that legal precedent affects jurisprudence. An irrational law, cited as legal precedent, can lead to more irrationality.

It does.

A law that does not conform to an ethical or common good is inherently harmful, the extent of which is indeterminate at the present time. Understand that legal precedent affects jurisprudence. An irrational law, cited as legal precedent, can lead to more irrationality.

Why would you say it does not conform to an ethical or common good?

In evolutionary terms - in a social species, not all members can afford to breed because there typically aren't always enough resources and because in a complex society multiple adults care for offspring. One could argue that homesexuality has an evolutionary benefit in that it reduces the breeding population, reduces sexual tensions within the group and possibly reduces conflict. Marriage is also widely considered "stabilizing" and a married couple is more likely to be a stable contributing member in the group then unmarried singles. Given both of those thoughts it would seem that there could well be some common good.

Werbung:
Why would you say it does not conform to an ethical or common good?

Because you haven't given it a rational or ethical purpose.

In evolutionary terms - in a social species, not all members can afford to breed because there typically aren't always enough resources and because in a complex society multiple adults care for offspring. One could argue that homesexuality has an evolutionary benefit in that it reduces the breeding population, reduces sexual tensions within the group and possibly reduces conflict. Marriage is also widely considered "stabilizing" and a married couple is more likely to be a stable contributing member in the group then unmarried singles. Given both of those thoughts it would seem that there could well be some common good.

There is no need for homosexual behavior - only the simple and rational concept of planned parenthood and reproductive health.

Back