a question for the atheists

Werbung:
That has to be one of the most absurd things I have ever read. You really believe humans are born with an innate goodness and an ability to decipher morality and truth...by instinct.:eek::rolleyes:o_O:confused: Yeah we just evolved into being and doing good....then why do some humans do bad? Did they not evolve?

Too funny.....beyond hilarious.
Say Gipper, you might consider that some things are beyond your scoffing intuition. I just ran across this link in today's newspaper. Research published in Nature was done on babies too young to have a cultural bias to see if babies had some instinctive moral attributes.

From http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v450/n7169/full/nature06288.html
Nature said:
... we show that 6- and 10-month-old infants take into account an individual’s actions towards others .... These findings constitute evidence that preverbal infants assess individuals on the basis of their behaviour towards others. This capacity may serve as the foundation for moral thought and action, and its early developmental emergence supports the view that social evaluation is a biological adaptation.

Say Gipper, you might consider that some things are beyond your scoffing intuition. I just ran across this link in today's newspaper. Research published in Nature was done on babies too young to have a cultural bias to see if babies had some instinctive moral attributes.

From http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v450/n7169/full/nature06288.html

It is silly to believe that human's are INSTINCTIVELY good. That somehow without any moral understanding or teaching, humans know the difference between good and evil and instinctively chose good. In addition, to believe this absurdity, one has to ignore the history of human existence. If one word had to be used to describe all of human history, MURDER would be that word.

You are an admitted leftist. You have admitted that you believe killing the unborn is appropriate. So, how is it that you or anyone who believes as you do, can claim morality when you have no problem killing babies. Apparently your definition of good and mine, are two different things.

It is silly to believe that human's are INSTINCTIVELY good. That somehow without any moral understanding or teaching, humans know the difference between good and evil and instinctively chose good. In addition, to believe this absurdity, one has to ignore the history of human existence. If one word had to be used to describe all of human history, MURDER would be that word.

You are an admitted leftist. You have admitted that you believe killing the unborn is appropriate. So, how is it that you or anyone who believes as you do, can claim morality when you have no problem killing babies. Apparently your definition of good and mine, are two different things.
The instincts are clan survival instincts. Some internal clan requirements can be construed as moral such as sharing. However if there is a competing clan, then survival of the clan can lead to territorial belligerence between different clans such huffing at each other from the treetops. We human primates have escalated that chauvinistic behavior to killing, enslaving, etc. as you point out. I wouldn't consider that clan instinct as moral behavior either.

As far as abortion, I think Roe-Wade is about right. Your definition of moral is certainly different.

The instincts are clan survival instincts. Some internal clan requirements can be construed as moral such as sharing. However if there is a competing clan, then survival of the clan can lead to territorial belligerence between different clans such huffing at each other from the treetops. We human primates have escalated that chauvinistic behavior to killing, enslaving, etc. as you point out. I wouldn't consider that clan instinct as moral behavior either.

As far as abortion, I think Roe-Wade is about right. Your definition of moral is certainly different.

Please stop with the silly clan and swinging in trees shit. It is so funny....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Humans did not evolve from apes....could be liberals did.

And your comment on abortion, I find most unfortunate.:cry: It just confirms what I think about people who are okay with baby killing. I find you appalling and disgusting. Anyone who is okay with cold blooded killing of innocents, has no morals.

^^^^ Well I happen to find your rejection of evolution is anti-science. And you should know that when I call someone anti-science it is a worse insult than when call me "appalling and disgusting". Do you believe the earth is about 6 thousand years old and put together in less than seven days?

^^^^ Well I happen to find your rejection of evolution is anti-science. And you should know that when I call someone anti-science it is a worse insult than when call me "appalling and disgusting". Do you believe the earth is about 6 thousand years old and put together in less than seven days?

Of course you do....typical of leftists. Just like AGW right? I don't believe in the global warming hoax, so that makes me anti science...a flat earther....as your leaders Al Gore and Big Ears like to say. When there are numerous scientists who dispute both THEORIES. There is no proof of either....but you believe....leftism is like a religion....you believe, yet no proof of your belief exists.

Leftism has replaced traditional religion.

^^^^ You are bringing AGW into a discussion on religion? 90% of Americans believe in God. If half of Americans are middle to left-wing, that means at least 80% of them believe in God. The conclusion is that leftism has not replaced traditional religion. That is simple arithmetic.

There is lots of proof that the earth is over 4 billion years old and not 6000 years. There is also proof that Homo sapiens have been on earth over 2 million years and not 6000 years.

After being rather marginalized most of my 57 years, atheists are now becoming much more vocal. Are these just the so-called "New Atheists?" I don't know. But now we're starting to see billboards and advertisements - not just advocating belief in nothing but advocacy that attacks the beliefs of others..I know you have seen it on these boards and many others...(the height of intolerance).

But, very interestingly, I see a few trends in what some are calling the new atheism:

1) Anger and hostility, wrapped up in arrogance and pride - that such atheists see themselves as much more enlightened (and thus - implied - more intelligent) than those who believe in some version of a God.

2) The anger they have seems odd - it's as IF they believe that people of belief (whatever that belief might be) wrongfully believe in some type of God that they believe doesn't exist - and so WHY THEIR ANGER? Unless there is some harm done by those of belief, then what - or WHO - are they actually angry at? They often act as if they are angry at something (or Someone) that actually exists? But if they believe there is no God or afterlife, then why their anger? Doesn't make much sense.

3) Atheists don't typically rant against Hindus or Muslims, etc., but they seem hyper obsessed with Jesus and Christianity. Now, why would that be - IF Christianity is just another option of a long list of supposedly non-existent deities? TIA

I've interacted with many atheists on this and in other forums, there are several whom I've gotten along with quite well and formed a relationship of mutual respect even while recognizing our fundamental differences of belief. That limits how deep that can go of course, but it doesn't preclude respectful conversations and the ability to see where other people are coming from and why....I just wanted to say thanks for the dialouge and you know who i'm talking about..(GenSeneca & lagbolz.).

I read that Dogma is expressed in words, which are themselves mere symbols that fall short of fully expressing the realities which they attempt to portray. In the end, I worship a Living God, not a thread of logic. This is why Jesus as the Living Word is God's greatest, most complete revelation...IMO of course..

But, very interestingly, I see a few trends in what some are calling the new atheism:

1) Anger and hostility, wrapped up in arrogance and pride - that such atheists see themselves as much more enlightened (and thus - implied - more intelligent) than those who believe in some version of a God.
I saw statistics somewhere that there is a much larger majority of college professors who are progressives and atheists than in the general population. Of course academics generally consider themselves more "enlightened." So that may explain what you see.
2) The anger they have seems odd - it's as IF they believe that people of belief (whatever that belief might be) wrongfully believe in some type of God that they believe doesn't exist - and so WHY THEIR ANGER? Unless there is some harm done by those of belief, then what - or WHO - are they actually angry at? They often act as if they are angry at something (or Someone) that actually exists? But if they believe there is no God or afterlife, then why their anger? Doesn't make much sense.
I agree that there is more anger. Speaking for myself I think Christians are getting bolder more recently about trying to undo areas that progressives fought hard for in the Scopes trial, Roe vs Wade, and contraception. There are more overt attempts at putting creationism in science classes, suppressing abortion, and attempting to eliminate Planned Parenthood, etc. That is increasing our anger.
3) Atheists don't typically rant against Hindus or Muslims, etc., but they seem hyper obsessed with Jesus and Christianity. Now, why would that be - IF Christianity is just another option of a long list of supposedly non-existent deities? TIA
Hindus Muslims, etc. are not pushing the agenda that are angering progressives.

BTW thank your for your kudos. I find the dialogs with GenSeneca quite interesting. The challenge is that we think quite differently. I assume he can think like I do and he assumes I can think like he does. As you implied it is hard for us to translate each other words into the actual thoughts behind them.

After being rather marginalized most of my 57 years, atheists are now becoming much more vocal. Are these just the so-called "New Atheists?" I don't know. But now we're starting to see billboards and advertisements - not just advocating belief in nothing but advocacy that attacks the beliefs of others..I know you have seen it on these boards and many others...(the height of intolerance).

I suspect many, if not most, of the angry, hateful, and intolerate atheists are really leftists. Leftism IS a religion....to the Left. They believe they are most enlightened and much smarter than anyone who would be so dumb as to believe in God. As you say, their arrogance and pride is overflowing. I would add so is their intolerance. They believe they are right and those who disagree with them are not only wrong, but EVIL.

See the post above from Latnutz. He clearly states why his kind is angry. He thinks we Christians are trying to undo liberalism/leftism, which of course, we are. This is proof that many atheists are really Leftists. Anyone trying to stop the holocaust that is abortion, eliminating the baby extermination centers, teach creationism, etc....is EVIL. Their leadership tells them we are EVIL. They HATE us. Hate is a strong word and history tells us it can lead to terrible human suffering, but hate allows them to ignore that suffering....much like a sociopath. The left is IMO sociopathic in a big way. I suspect it would not take much for some Leftist atheists to resort to mass murder....after all morality does not exist in their minds....just as was done by the atheist dictators of the last century.

Werbung:
I know many Leftists would put a bullet in my head, if the State told them to. No doubt Lagnutz you would murder me if told to. But you can be assured I will never kill you, no matter the circumstances.

I forgive you Laggie should you some day murder me. Because as my Savior said on the Cross, they know not what they do....

Back