America is not Superior: When the Majority Goes Wrong

Irishone21

Many Americans clings to the idea that knowledge is power. Many Americans spend ample time overloading themselves with information, clinging to every shed of historical evidence in the past, an upon examination of the trends of human nature, they lose conception of the vicissitudes of time, and arrive at various means to control, not lead, populations. The American Government pass various laws, superbly complex, and heighten security, ignoring the ethics that suggest the injustice involved in enhanced enforcement, creating societies that are products of fear and propaganda. Instead of embracing change many Americans become manipulated into following various uniform behaviors. Individual’s who possesses qualities of leadership retreat from their convictions, and discontinue the push of new ideas for any suggestion of change in our country is immediately derided by the masses. Very frequently, powerful, benevolent leaders become ostracized exiles of society that are no match for the power of the dollar, and the force of the majority.

I’m not saying that America is devoid of individuality, I’m more so alluding to the political realm of thought, where in which, conservatism has dominated, and political philosophy has been neglected. It surprises me that no one that is responsible for governing society, or passing legislation, considers the negative and rather harmful consequences of such a complex system of law. If laws were more lenient, and were only applied when absolutely necessary, individuals would not feel like helpless subjects, in utter submission. Part of the problem is that many of us are in ignorance of the state we live in. I for one realize how law has become increasingly destructive to humanity. Capital punishment merely only instills resent in me… I felt like I was being ruled by another human being, which is the most degrading feeling possible, at least, to my knowledge. Much to my dismay, no one is interested in changing these unfortunate circumstances. The masses merely accept oppression, as if they are under the spell of propaganda, which always makes the present seem more humane than the past, and our country more civil than the next. The despotic way of thinking in America ignores the irreligious qualities of government, avoiding attempts to create a better form of government, and completely abandons the notion that there is a more cooperative means of influencing social order. Many of these conservative/realist followers shun aspects of leadership. In doing so, they resort to solutions that provides society with immediate effects, rather than long-term effects. This way of thinking affects how Americans lives, and most all Americans become prone to resorting to immediate solutions, like medication for personal issues, as if they don’t have the time to come up with a more lasting solution which has less adverse effects. No one has recognized the possibility that virtue may excel, and sprout from the simplicity of the law. Not a single political leader under the public eye has attempted, publicly, to amend foreign relations or preach cooperative and forgiveness. No one has promised to even attempt missions like the eradication of poverty, and the alleviation of coercion. American Government officials are uncompromising, and act as if they are superior to the rest of us.

I Love Al Queda. I Love Osama Bin Laden. I Love Islamist. I Love Allah. I Love Muhammod. I Live Jesus. I Love George W. Bush.

We could end war. We could end poverty. We could get the Middle East to respect us. All it takes is non-judgmental empathy and faith…

Werbung:
It was a very good speech until the end.

Agreed. Irishone, you aren't coming across as quite so high-and-mighty as you did when you first started posting here. I'm not sure what you think of that, but in my opinion it's an improvement.

The end does need work though. Perhaps shortening it to just the first and last "I love..." statements would work; as it is now it's a bit too busy. And the last paragraph, with the "we could..." statements, probably ought to go altogether. If you're going to stick to this whole "essay" feel you've got going, you have to remember that essays have to have a thesis, and the conclusion has to tie everything back to that thesis. The point of this particular piece seems to be the errors in the way we think; stick with that. Let people draw their own conclusions.

I know what it means to be a conventional writer... Maybe one day I'll meet your standards... I appreciate the comments nonetheless.

I don't think anyone is telling you to become totally conventional. Its just that when you first started writing you used so many big words for the sake of it it made the whole thing incomprehensible.

Many Americans clings to the idea that knowledge is power. Many Americans spend ample time overloading themselves with information, clinging to every shed of historical evidence in the past, an upon examination of the trends of human nature, they lose conception of the vicissitudes of time, and arrive at various means to control, not lead, populations. The American Government pass various laws, superbly complex, and heighten security, ignoring the ethics that suggest the injustice involved in enhanced enforcement, creating societies that are products of fear and propaganda. Instead of embracing change many Americans become manipulated into following various uniform behaviors. Individual’s who possesses qualities of leadership retreat from their convictions, and discontinue the push of new ideas for any suggestion of change in our country is immediately derided by the masses. Very frequently, powerful, benevolent leaders become ostracized exiles of society that are no match for the power of the dollar, and the force of the majority.

I’m not saying that America is devoid of individuality, I’m more so alluding to the political realm of thought, where in which, conservatism has dominated, and political philosophy has been neglected. It surprises me that no one that is responsible for governing society, or passing legislation, considers the negative and rather harmful consequences of such a complex system of law. If laws were more lenient, and were only applied when absolutely necessary, individuals would not feel like helpless subjects, in utter submission. Part of the problem is that many of us are in ignorance of the state we live in. I for one realize how law has become increasingly destructive to humanity. Capital punishment merely only instills resent in me… I felt like I was being ruled by another human being, which is the most degrading feeling possible, at least, to my knowledge. Much to my dismay, no one is interested in changing these unfortunate circumstances. The masses merely accept oppression, as if they are under the spell of propaganda, which always makes the present seem more humane than the past, and our country more civil than the next. The despotic way of thinking in America ignores the irreligious qualities of government, avoiding attempts to create a better form of government, and completely abandons the notion that there is a more cooperative means of influencing social order. Many of these conservative/realist followers shun aspects of leadership. In doing so, they resort to solutions that provides society with immediate effects, rather than long-term effects. This way of thinking affects how Americans lives, and most all Americans become prone to resorting to immediate solutions, like medication for personal issues, as if they don’t have the time to come up with a more lasting solution which has less adverse effects. No one has recognized the possibility that virtue may excel, and sprout from the simplicity of the law. Not a single political leader under the public eye has attempted, publicly, to amend foreign relations or preach cooperative and forgiveness. No one has promised to even attempt missions like the eradication of poverty, and the alleviation of coercion. American Government officials are uncompromising, and act as if they are superior to the rest of us.

I Love Al Queda. I Love Osama Bin Laden. I Love Islamist. I Love Allah. I Love Muhammod. I Live Jesus. I Love George W. Bush.

We could end war. We could end poverty. We could get the Middle East to respect us. All it takes is non-judgmental empathy and faith…

your a dunce.

I think you are really struggling with this and I think you can see where we should be. You're trying to figure it out..could it be we already have had our control removed from the first time the constitution was bastardized by this president?

Werbung:
Don't blame Bush entirely, there have been issues for awhile... and it goes beyond just war. Maybe I am an idiot or a dunce, maybe I'm a genius, judgments depend on opinion.

Back