God is the worlds most prolific Abortionist

Theodicy is an argument and question in itself, how a good and all-powerful God can allow so much suffering. There is no reasonable retort to this question.

By the way, your continual arguing of semantics leads me to believe that you don't really have anything actually to say on the subject.

Like I said, there have been thousands of different answers given to your question, but you have already made up your mind on what you want to believe. Its useless to debate religion since we clearly have two very different definitions of what God is, or could be. All I ask is that you stop pushing your stereotypes of religion.

Werbung:
Like I said, there have been thousands of different answers given to your question, but you have already made up your mind on what you want to believe. Its useless to debate religion since we clearly have two very different definitions of what God is, or could be. All I ask is that you stop pushing your stereotypes of religion.

I will not. I'm openly intolerant of religion. There is no difference between a Muslim flying a plane into a building because he thinks he'll get 72 virgins in the afterlife, and a catholic believing that Jesus rose from the dead and was born of a Virgin.

Its the same irrationality and ignorance. I don't see religion or faith any differently than I see any other issue. You would rightly so, ridicule anyone that told you the Earth was flat, religious beliefs are just as irrational and just as unjustifiable. Neither position deserves any respect.

I will not. I'm openly intolerant of religion. There is no difference between a Muslim flying a plane into a building because he thinks he'll get 72 virgins in the afterlife, and a catholic believing that Jesus rose from the dead and was born of a Virgin.

Its the same irrationality and ignorance. I don't see religion or faith any differently than I see any other issue. You would rightly so, ridicule anyone that told you the Earth was flat, religious beliefs are just as irrational and just as unjustifiable. Neither position deserves any respect.

They are justifiable in that they give people a sense of balance and order. There are a lot of things left in the world and the universe that, at present, we just can't explain. That can be pretty scary for some people and the idea, the belief, that there is something definable in all that unknown is comforting.

Sometimes religions do get out of control, but I think that you'll find that most people who are religious are not primarily religious; they think about other things and perform other tasks that are more important to them than their religion. Until someone can prove their beliefs wrong they'll keep them. They needn't prove anything because their beliefs center on something (God) that currently cannot be proven or disproved.

You challenge those of faith to prove that God exists. They can't. For them it isn't about proof, it's about belief, because proof one way or the other just doesn't exist yet.

Well, at least youre a bigot who admits he is a bigot.

Here we go with the childish name calling again. I call you a bigot because you openly admit to being one. Calling me an ignorant fool is simply uncalled for. What is it with you people that you can't debate an issue seriousely without resorting to offensive personal attacks?

Here we go with the childish name calling again. I call you a bigot because you openly admit to being one. Calling me an ignorant fool is simply uncalled for. What is it with you people that you can't debate an issue seriousely without resorting to offensive personal attacks?

I called you an ignorant fool because its obvious from your posts that you are one.

I nowhere admitted to being a Bigot. Stop lying.

This is how it always ends up when I express my intolerance of irrational beliefs. The fundies can't handle it and resort to insults. And when I defend myself they get their panties in a wad and cry.

Grow up.

I called you an ignorant fool because its obvious from your posts that you are one.

I nowhere admitted to being a Bigot. Stop lying.

Bigot: a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance.

You have openly admitted to everything in this definition.

There is a line of common courtesy that we clearly do not have on this board. When you intentionally make offensive statements toward a particular group, you can't really get upset when they get offended. We would not tolerate it if someone started using racial slurs on this board, so I don't feel it should be tolerated for you to use the kind of hate speech that you are using.

Bigot: a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance.

You have openly admitted to everything in this definition.

There is a line of common courtesy that we clearly do not have on this board. When you intentionally make offensive statements toward a particular group, you can't really get upset when they get offended. We would not tolerate it if someone started using racial slurs on this board, so I don't feel it should be tolerated for you to use the kind of hate speech that you are using.

Wrong. There is nothing bigoted about expressing intolerance for irrational beliefs. I hold no ill will against you because your an ignorant fool. But I see no reason to not point out the irrationality and ignorance of your beliefs.

If that makes me a bigot in your twisted world, so be it. I've been called worse by the supposed compassionate Christians in this nation.

The definition I posted was straight out of Websters dictionary. If you have a problem with that, take it up with them. You admitted to everything in that definition, therefore, you are a bigot.

You are making assumptions again that I am a Christian. I am merely a theist. I simply have a hatred for people that spread hatred against religions where it is not deserved, and you clearly fit that bill.

The definition I posted was straight out of Websters dictionary. If you have a problem with that, take it up with them. You admitted to everything in that definition, therefore, you are a bigot.

You are making assumptions again that I am a Christian. I am merely a theist. I simply have a hatred for people that spread hatred against religions where it is not deserved, and you clearly fit that bill.

It doesn't matter what you are, you clearly have irrational beliefs, and you clearly defend the fundamentalists.

If spreading the truth about religion creates hatred of it, then thats an objectionably good thing in my opinion.

If you knew how to comprehend English then you could see the difference between the definition of the word 'bigot' and what my views are.

It doesn't matter what you are, you clearly have irrational beliefs, and you clearly defend the fundamentalists.

If spreading the truth about religion creates hatred of it, then thats an objectionably good thing in my opinion.

If you knew how to comprehend English then you could see the difference between the definition of the word 'bigot' and what my views are.

Yes, your belief is that since religion is irrational, you can't be bigoted against it. Historically speaking that kind of argument usually has some pretty scary results.

Werbung:
Its so obvious religion is an irrational belief in a God people have never met to help them through their darkest hours. Religion changes with the times, so people can deal with new struggles in the period they are living in by turning to a higher being for help.

And the reason that religion is in decline in the west is because of the great advances in the standard of living. People are generally happy in the west, they do not have lots of troubles compared to 300 years ago, and so people have less and less need for the comfort of God in their life. But in the poorer parts of the world, people do rely on a God, because it gives them hope, even if it is so very, very irrational.

And their are Christians now who barely follow the Bible, because it doesn't fit into anything anymore unless its symbolic. This just shows Christianity is another cult that just got lucky and big and has survived, along with Islam etc. Jesus disciples would have been seen along the lines of Phelps etc. (but peaceful), just some bizzare people who were trying to get people to follow them.

I am anti-religion, because its so clear to me religion has been used all through the ages to fill in the gaps in our knowledge and to comfort our fears.

Back