God is the worlds most prolific Abortionist

Werbung:
Nothing, but it doesn't make it in itself any more rational or true. And religion has done so much bad to cancel that out.

Nothing, but it doesn't make it in itself any more rational or true. And religion has done so much bad to cancel that out.

It isn't about physical, tangible truth, it's about personal truth, which has nothing to do with rationality. Religion has done a lot of bad, but it's also done a lot of good. The idea of an ever-present uplifting force in peoples' lives has had a positive impact on how they view themselves and the world.

But its so clear that religion is made up. Get some kid, clone him (don't agree with that!), and put one of him in an actively believing Muslim family and one of him in a actively believeing (or should I say following) Christian family. Chances are one will turn out a Muslim, and one will turn out as a Christian, and they will both think they've got it made and that they have the right path laid out for them.

One will think he will get to see Jesus God sitting side by side, and one will think he gets to have a go with some virgins.

That's why its about personal truth. You're getting into the whole nature vs. nurture argument there. Just because two people are cloned from the same DNA doesn't necessarily mean they'll turn out to have all the same values. Many of the same perhaps but there will always be the impact of different things in a person's upbringing. In the end, the two clones may have identical DNA but they are two different people. Two different people follow two different religions (which are, in the end, very similar themselves by the way). There's no surprise there.

Is it anymore rational to believe that the universe was created from nothingness without any outside influence? Science clearly states that is an impossibility, so why to athiest believe that it happened without help from something more powerful? Science has also said that it is a statistical improbability, if not a statistical impossibility, for life to be created, and the odds are even less for life as complex as humans, yet atheist believe it happened all on its own without any outside influence. To me, that seems pretty irrational.

Is it anymore rational to believe that the universe was created from nothingness without any outside influence? Science clearly states that is an impossibility, so why to athiest believe that it happened without help from something more powerful? Science has also said that it is a statistical improbability, if not a statistical impossibility, for life to be created, and the odds are even less for life as complex as humans, yet atheist believe it happened all on its own without any outside influence. To me, that seems pretty irrational.

Our science is just not yet advanced enough to fully understand the beginning of the universe.

the atheist you have conjured is an utter straw man. Atheism does not assert that it is all made by chance. No one knows why the universe came into being. Most scientists readily admit their ignorance on this point. Religious believers do not.

the atheist you have conjured is an utter straw man. Atheism does not assert that it is all made by chance. No one knows why the universe came into being. Most scientists readily admit their ignorance on this point. Religious believers do not.

If it is not by chance, they what else is there other than a higher being?

If it is not by chance, they what else is there other than a higher being?

I don't Know.

But just because we don't have the answer for why, doesn't mean we should just make up an answer. There is nothing wrong with saying we don't know yet.

I don't Know.

But just because we don't have the answer for why, doesn't mean we should just make up an answer. There is nothing wrong with saying we don't know yet.

So basicly, you have no clue what the answer is, yet you see fit to dismiss theories that could explain it simply because they are outside your scope of the plausable.

Either come up with the answer or stop calling people ignorant for suggesting their answers.

So basicly, you have no clue what the answer is, yet you see fit to dismiss theories that could explain it simply because they are outside your scope of the plausable.

It has to do with this little thing called evidence. You either have good reasons for your beliefs or you don't.

You suggest that the existence of the universe demonstrates the existence of God. Why?

Why should I accept this unjustified and unjustifiable belief?

Either come up with the answer or stop calling people ignorant for suggesting their answers.

Yah, except thats not how it works.

If you have an answer you should expect to have to prove it if you actually want people to take you seriously.

There is nothing wrong with saying we don't know yet.

Congratulations, you are officially an agnostic!

The reason you should leave people to their beliefs is because you can't prove them wrong. If they start trying to prove that their religion is the utter "truth" and not a personal truth then by all means, jump all over them and show them how idiotic they're being.

Personally, I think most organized religions are BS because they profess a very strict view of something that, if it existed, would be so large and powerful that we probably wouldn't be able to understand it or even describe it using limited human language.

I happen to think my view's a pretty good one. Still, I can't prove it to a Christian, and until I can I'm perfectly content to let them go on worshiping - so long as they don't try to force their beliefs on me.

You suggest that the existence of the universe demonstrates the existence of God. Why?
It demonstrates the possibility of the existence of God.

Why should I accept this unjustified and unjustifiable belief?

You don't have to accept it as your own; you just have to acknowledge the possibility and let other people do as they will until actual empirical evidence to the contrary pops up.

If you have an answer you should expect to have to prove it if you actually want people to take you seriously.

And since you can't prove things one way or the other, isn't a better idea to just let people have their beliefs? Think of religious beliefs as being rather far-fetched theories. No way to prove them wrong. Probably not right either, but you just can't offer them proof that they're wrong. So leave them to it until you can.

Werbung:
Congratulations, you are officially an agnostic!

The reason you should leave people to their beliefs is because you can't prove them wrong. If they start trying to prove that their religion is the utter "truth" and not a personal truth then by all means, jump all over them and show them how idiotic they're being.

Personally, I think most organized religions are BS because they profess a very strict view of something that, if it existed, would be so large and powerful that we probably wouldn't be able to understand it or even describe it using limited human language.

I happen to think my view's a pretty good one. Still, I can't prove it to a Christian, and until I can I'm perfectly content to let them go on worshiping - so long as they don't try to force their beliefs on me.

Everyone is an Atheist in regards to Zues and all the other Gods that now lie upon the scrapheap of mythology.

Its not up to me to prove them wrong. Its up to them to prove their beliefs. If they can't, then why should they be respected?

I really don't understand why you guys will tolerate irrationality? Why is the subject of religion so taboo to you people?

Back