God rest ye merry hypocrites

http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxpt141YYUS http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxpt141YYUS http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxpt141YYUS
Originally Posted by Pandora You never replied about Tammuz, do you also disagree that his birthday is celebrated on dec 25th or that his mothers feast day is what we call easter?

What does it matter? It is only when holidays are given Christian significance that you libs decide to object.

You calling Pandora "A LIB"...LMAO

Werbung:
What does it matter? It is only when holidays are given Christian significance that you libs decide to object.

I personally do not celebrate christmas or easter because of the pagan roots.
But I will fight to the end for a christians right to celebrate the holiday christmas and easter, I just can not pretend there are no pagan roots.

I am with you even if you dont realize it, christianity is just about the only religion that its ok to make fun of and silence, I am also in agreement with you also that its wrong to do that.

You are just probably am not in agreement with me that it has pagan roots.

But its ok, you have a right to disagree

http://www.religionfacts.com/greco-roman/sects/mithraism.htm

here is another very good website and it links its References

When I was a teenager I considered myself christian then as I studied and learned about all the pagan roots I had to stop considering myself a christian. I still believe what scripture says but the traditons brought by men over time I reject. There are many who have rejected all of it, scripture included because of these hidden secrets. I think christianity would be wise to be open about the pagan influences and reject them outright.

I personally do not celebrate christmas or easter because of the pagan roots.
But I will fight to the end for a christians right to celebrate the holiday christmas and easter, I just can not pretend there are no pagan roots.

I am with you even if you dont realize it, christianity is just about the only religion that its ok to make fun of and silence, I am also in agreement with you also that its wrong to do that.

You are just probably am not in agreement with me that it has pagan roots.

But its ok, you have a right to disagree

http://www.religionfacts.com/greco-roman/sects/mithraism.htm

here is another very good website and it links its References

When I was a teenager I considered myself christian then as I studied and learned about all the pagan roots I had to stop considering myself a christian. I still believe what scripture says but the traditons brought by men over time I reject. There are many who have rejected all of it, scripture included because of these hidden secrets. I think christianity would be wise to be open about the pagan influences and reject them outright.

I am well aware of that Christians adopted many pagan customs but they also adapted these customs to give them Christian meaning. The pagan origins and pagan meaning do not negate any Christian significance and regardless of whether they are purely pagan, purely Christian or a mix of both does not negate the fact that they are religious in nature. Liberals are in the habit accepting what they think are secular symbols in public while they complain about any symbol that they say has Christian significance. Thus liberals are hypocrites.

I am well aware of that Christians adopted many pagan customs but they also adapted these customs to give them Christian meaning. The pagan origins and pagan meaning do not negate any Christian significance and regardless of whether they are purely pagan, purely Christian or a mix of both does not negate the fact that they are religious in nature. Liberals are in the habit accepting what they think are secular symbols in public while they complain about any symbol that they say has Christian significance. Thus liberals are hypocrites.

See, we are in agreement on everything you said from the first line to the very last.

I understand about giving christian meanings to things but I just think its better to stay with the things handed down from God himself.

Like Passover.

I just can not understand why chrisitans celebrate easter when its a pagan holiday from start to finish and more importantly we do know that Jesus Yeshua died during the passover festival.

I get christmas to some degree, no one knows for sure what day he was born so the argument is dec 25th is as good as any. But his death? We know for sure from scripture that he died during passover yet we ignore passover and celebrate easter right down to the bunnys and eggs and ham and call it Jesus.

Either way, I am all for you celebrating it if its what you want to do and I will fight to the bitter end for you to keep that right.

I understand about giving christian meanings to things but I just think its better to stay with the things handed down from God himself.

Like Passover.

If Christians have to observe Passover, why don’t they have to be circumcised?

BTW: As far as I know the Jewish celebration of Purim was not handed down by God. The Book of Esther does not even mention God- or the celebration of Purim, but Jews still have the celebration.

If Christians have to observe Passover, why don’t they have to be circumcised?

BTW: As far as I know the Jewish celebration of Purim was not handed down by God. The Book of Esther does not even mention God- or the celebration of Purim, but Jews still have the celebration.

I did not say christians had to observe Passover, I just said I never understood why they throw out Passover when its clear that Passover is when Jesus was crusified but they hang on to easter.. a 100 percent pagan holiday and just throw jesus in the mix.

God did not hand down Hanukkah either. I do not consider it a Holy day anymore than I consider easter or christmas a Holy day. I dont think people have to celebrate any of it, I am just saying I dont get why christians go out of their way to ignore things known to be handed down from God and pick pagan stuff to celebrate instead.

You can do it and Ill fight for your right to do it, Im just saying I dont know why you guys do it.

and the thought of an uncircumcised male is disgusting to me

Yes, its a holy day for some of us still. And we're such good sports we let everyone in on it!

Yea God !

I'm not a believer that religious groups have the authority to own words.

A holiday day off work is the same to me if it's Christmas, Hanukkah, the sugar plum fairy dance or whatever other belief someone has.

They try to do this with the word "marriage" too which seems very bizarre to me. A gay couple for instance is not asking for any church blessing when they decide to be in a committed loving monogamous relationship. They are asking for the legal recognition and legal rights and responsibilities that a legal marriage provides. It's much the same to me as a drivers license.

Personally I think if churches don't want gay people to be allowed the legal protection of a marriage on biblical grounds then no straight person should be allowed to ever get divorced.

They are intentionally betraying their word to "God" when they do that.

I did not say christians had to observe Passover, I just said I never understood why they throw out Passover when its clear that Passover is when Jesus was crusified but they hang on to easter.. a 100 percent pagan holiday and just throw jesus in the mix.

Why are you complaining that Christians have adapted certain pagan customs for Easter when you have said that you don’t care that Christians have done the same thing with Christmas? How can you claim that Easter is 100% pagan if you don’t also complain that Christmas is 100% pagan since neither are found in the Bible?

BTW: There is no Biblical record that Christians celebrated the Jewish Passover once the resurrection had taken place. Neither is there any Biblical record that 1st century Christians celebrated the resurrection as a holiday. But the resurrection was celebrated as a holiday within the generation that followed the death of the last living Apostle (John) because there was a dispute within the church regarding the date and the name used for the celebration. Some Christians called it Passover, others did not. Some had the celebration at the start of the Jewish Passover while others had it at the end of Passover. But the celebration was always to mark the resurrection of Christ, not the Jewish Passover.

Acts 12:1-4 explains that Herod had imprisoned Peter some time before the days of unleavened bread, meaning that Peter was in prison before Passover started. Then Herod had intended to make his capture of Peter public after Easter. In the absence of any other Biblical reference to Easter, we can conclude that Easter was the pagan holiday that Herod would have been observing since neither the Jews, nor Herod would have cared about any celebration of the resurrection.

Why are you complaining that Christians have adapted certain pagan customs for Easter when you have said that you don’t care that Christians have done the same thing with Christmas? How can you claim that Easter is 100% pagan if you don’t also complain that Christmas is 100% pagan since neither are found in the Bible?

BTW: There is no Biblical record that Christians celebrated the Jewish Passover once the resurrection had taken place. Neither is there any Biblical record that 1st century Christians celebrated the resurrection as a holiday. But the resurrection was celebrated as a holiday within the generation that followed the death of the last living Apostle (John) because there was a dispute within the church regarding the date and the name used for the celebration. Some Christians called it Passover, others did not. Some had the celebration at the start of the Jewish Passover while others had it at the end of Passover. But the celebration was always to mark the resurrection of Christ, not the Jewish Passover.

Acts 12:1-4 explains that Herod had imprisoned Peter some time before the days of unleavened bread, meaning that Peter was in prison before Passover started. Then Herod had intended to make his capture of Peter public after Easter. In the absence of any other Biblical reference to Easter, we can conclude that Easter was the pagan holiday that Herod would have been observing since neither the Jews, nor Herod would have cared about any celebration of the resurrection.

Umm... I am not complaining about it. I just made a statement, that is not complaining.

But I do complain and often that secular groups target christian groups and pick at them and expect them to shut up and keep the things they believe to themselves.

I complain about that often.

I do think christmas is pagan, I think I said that a few times in the various posts before this one and that is why I do not personally celebrate the day. I did say before and I guess I have to say again that I get celebrating christmas on dec 25th since no one knows what day he was born but that I dont get why people pick easter over passover since we know for a fact from scriputre he died during passover not easter.

You can celebrate what ever you want, its all ok with me. But I cant help but wonder why throw out passover when we know its when he died and ressurected but bring in easter that has nothing to do with his death or ressurection.

Umm... I am not complaining about it. I just made a statement, that is not complaining.

But I do complain and often that secular groups target christian groups and pick at them and expect them to shut up and keep the things they believe to themselves.

I complain about that often.

I do think christmas is pagan, I think I said that a few times in the various posts before this one and that is why I do not personally celebrate the day. I did say before and I guess I have to say again that I get celebrating christmas on dec 25th since no one knows what day he was born but that I dont get why people pick easter over passover since we know for a fact from scriputre he died during passover not easter.

You can celebrate what ever you want, its all ok with me. But I cant help but wonder why throw out passover when we know its when he died and ressurected but bring in easter that has nothing to do with his death or ressurection.

I pick on Christians, because I don't have Jews and Muslims and Hindu's going after me, trying to make there ideas law as much as I do Christians. When I say happy Hollidays at work, I don't have Jews yelling at me for not saying Hanuka ...for example...

I pick on Christians, because I don't have Jews and Muslims and Hindu's going after me, trying to make there ideas law as much as I do Christians. When I say happy Hollidays at work, I don't have Jews yelling at me for not saying Hanuka ...for example...

I see what you are saying

but you might have Jews screaming at you if they were forced to call the Hanukkah Menorah a holiday candle holder instead of Menorah like Christains must do with thier tree.

And If you even consider drawing a picture (even a flattering one) of Mohammed You will get death threats even though its not against your religion to draw his picture.

Do you think Muslims would like to rename some of their symbols? I dont think so and no one would dare suggest it.

So its kind of a two way street. I see what you mean but have you ever tried to see where they are coming from too?

...and the thought of an uncircumcised male is disgusting to me...
And the thought of an uncircumcised female is disgusting to me.

You should have to watch a baby boy being circumcised before you make up your mind. As one female doctor stated in an interview, "If you have ever watched a circumcision, and what the baby is put through, you would never allow anyone to do it to your child."

Perhaps you should keep from sharing your emotional, uninformed, and shallow response to circumcision until you are held down and it is performed on you.

And the thought of an uncircumcised female is disgusting to me.

You should have to watch a baby boy being circumcised before you make up your mind. As one female doctor stated in an interview, "If you have ever watched a circumcision, and what the baby is put through, you would never allow anyone to do it to your child."

Perhaps you should keep from sharing your emotional, uninformed, and shallow response to circumcision until you are held down and it is performed on you.

I have seen it done, my son had it done. My nephew is 14 and is wants to have it done now but I think it would be too painful for him. He is upset at his parents who drank the 75 dollars away instead of had it done for him.

Muslim boys do it at age 13, that sounds terrible and painful to have it done at that age.

I am sorry that you are upset that I find not having it done disgusting, but I have a right to find it disgusting, and I do.

Werbung:
I'm not a believer that religious groups have the authority to own words.

A holiday day off work is the same to me if it's Christmas, Hanukkah, the sugar plum fairy dance or whatever other belief someone has.

They try to do this with the word "marriage" too which seems very bizarre to me. A gay couple for instance is not asking for any church blessing when they decide to be in a committed loving monogamous relationship. They are asking for the legal recognition and legal rights and responsibilities that a legal marriage provides. It's much the same to me as a drivers license.

Personally I think if churches don't want gay people to be allowed the legal protection of a marriage on biblical grounds then no straight person should be allowed to ever get divorced.

They are intentionally betraying their word to "God" when they do that.

But the fact is, here in America we do get off Christ Mass, Thanksgiving and in some cases Good Friday and not the others you mention.

Enjoy !

Religious marriage is all well and good but its civil marriage that counts and the reason is that marriage had that connotation before it ever got a religious one. The world over societies have rerwarded opposite sex marriage as it makes sense and serves as the best building block to better the society as a whole. Other relationships don't provide this and are not rewarded so.

Back