Interesting Facts About Publc Opinion On Gun Ownership

Werbung:
Well this is an issue that we have been throwing around as a society for as long as I can remember. Yet, we still really have nothing to show for it, so I certainly understand the frustrations of the people. I think that background checks are probably the easiest and most effective thing that can be done right now, but I also think that we need to go further and do something about these automatic weapons and assault rifles. Should be interesting to follow, and thanks for the poll numbers.

It doesn't matter what is done by the government unless they just outlaw most guns anyway. Many people still know how to create their own guns, and I would have heavy laws regulating that if I was a law maker and had the people standing behind me.

People are going to die within the population and the government knows that, even if it's a couple of thousand that dies from gun deaths, they won't care because people are going to die. It's not affecting our nations way of life, more than 400,000 people die every ear from lung cancer because of cigarettes, and you see nothing being done about that.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/01/05/5-facts-about-guns-in-the-united-states/
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/01/05/5-facts-about-guns-in-the-united-states/

More Polarized Views of the NRA’s Influence

Two years after the failure of Senate legislation to expand background checks on gun purchases, the public continues to overwhelmingly support making private gun sales and sales at gun shows subject to background checks. Currently, 85% of Americans – including large majorities of Democrats (88%) and Republicans (79%) – favor expanded background checks, little changed from May 2013 (81%).

The latest Pew Research Center poll of 2,002 adults, conducted July 14-20, finds that opinions about other gun policy proposals also are largely unchanged from two years ago, shortly after the December 2012 school shootings in Newtown, Conn.

Nearly eight-in-ten (79%) favor laws to prevent people with mental illness from purchasing guns, 70% back the creation of a federal database to track all gun sales, while a smaller majority (57%) supports a ban on assault-style weapons.

Almost identical shares of Republicans (81%) and Democrats (79%) support laws to prevent the mentally ill from buying guns. But other proposals are more divisive: 85% of Democrats favor creation of a database for the federal government to track gun sales, compared with 55% of Republicans. And while 70% of Democrats back an assault-weapons ban, only about half of Republicans (48%) favor this proposal.

There certainly are those who feel strongly for as well as against but more significantly most don't care enough to consider change.
Playing down of the froby pages isn't the answer. The congress now passed stricter laws. What's you view now that no one is interested.

Congress passed some common sense laws that address mental health boris perhaps if you would read what was passed
I know exactly aptly has passed. In another post I suggested you recall the past. I'll remind d you of it.

Some time ago this very same legislation was presented and the nra lobbied everyone in congress and it failed. They didn't want their brain dead republican gun nuts to be checked in any way. If they did, mental checks would forbid all of them from owning a gun. They are all mad

But how coincidental after several disgusting of violence, even republicans can see they gave been wrong listening to the nra and temper driven maniacs.

I can sense yourself is not so animated about it. Maybe you've realised what the democrats have been saying for 5o years. Welcome aboard comrade.

I know exactly aptly has passed. In another post I suggested you recall the past. I'll remind d you of it.

Some time ago this very same legislation was presented and the nra lobbied everyone in congress and it failed. They didn't want their brain dead republican gun nuts to be checked in any way. If they did, mental checks would forbid all of them from owning a gun. They are all mad

But how coincidental after several disgusting of violence, even republicans can see they gave been wrong listening to the nra and temper driven maniacs.

I can sense yourself is not so animated about it. Maybe you've realised what the democrats have been saying for 5o years. Welcome aboard comrade.
Im a brain dead republican gun nut hunter sportsman and knuckle beater in general.

I support the new bill . in its original form it would not have passed .
It had stuff in it that was unreasonable . but we both worked together and compromised some and came up with a bill that is reasonable and that won't violate anybody's rights under the Constitution.
You as a American should be proud of that. I am. If we can work together from time to time to work to solve real problems our politicians might start enjoying it and don it even more often.

Im a brain dead republican gun nut hunter sportsman and knuckle beater in general.

I support the new bill . in its original form it would not have passed .
It had stuff in it that was unreasonable . but we both worked together and compromised some and came up with a bill that is reasonable and that won't violate anybody's rights under the Constitution.
You as a American should be proud of that. I am. If we can work together from time to time to work to solve real problems our politicians might start enjoying it and don it even more often.
I do not support any support for anything to do with guns.
The vast majority of gun owners have no use for their arsenal of weapons. They purchase them because they can and an ego makes it so.

This hunting and self protection and home invasion is rubbish. Very poor justification at best. How often do you go hunting? When was the last time you were fired at? When was your house invaded last? Getting the picture yet?

America the only country on earth where slaughter of children is collateral damage for owning guns. The rubbish it is bad guys is not wasted on me. There are too many guns being obtained by bad guys who bought the guns, or stolen them, off good guys.

Take it further. If these stupid NRA sponsored corrupt republicans continue, usa will return to the wild west days. There's little doubt about it. But intellectual giants like you feel to answer to gun violence is more guns. That is the precise example of low iq Americans and the over rated people they think they are.

The irony is how you will swear to die for your country and freedom to keep your guns but then support Trump in his takeover of democracy. Wouldn't that attempt to destroy your freedom be more important than your guns? Trump was inches away from installing fascism and he never fired a shot yet you guys feel you need a gun to protect yourselves.
Dont make me vomit.

I do not support any support for anything to do with guns.
The vast majority of gun owners have no use for their arsenal of weapons. They purchase them because they can and an ego makes it so.

This hunting and self protection and home invasion is rubbish. Very poor justification at best. How often do you go hunting? When was the last time you were fired at? When was your house invaded last? Getting the picture yet?

America the only country on earth where slaughter of children is collateral damage for owning guns. The rubbish it is bad guys is not wasted on me. There are too many guns being obtained by bad guys who bought the guns, or stolen them, off good guys.

Take it further. If these stupid NRA sponsored corrupt republicans continue, usa will return to the wild west days. There's little doubt about it. But intellectual giants like you feel to answer to gun violence is more guns. That is the precise example of low iq Americans and the over rated people they think they are.

The irony is how you will swear to die for your country and freedom to keep your guns but then support Trump in his takeover of democracy. Wouldn't that attempt to destroy your freedom be more important than your guns? Trump was inches away from installing fascism and he never fired a shot yet you guys feel you need a gun to protect yourselves.
Dont make me vomit.
Apparently you know nothing about guns or thier use.
Guns are used for hunting olympic sports self defense animal control law enforcement and shooting sports from sporting clays to trap to precision pistol to high power .And for freedom assurance.
Also as much as democrats hate it our founding fathers realized we needed them to assure freedom.
You might as well get accustomed to it because they are not going anywhere.
But you tell us how they are of no use when a home 8s broken into and the women are raped and your beaten or killed . your liberal anti gun hate will help you then Im sure .

Apparently you know nothing about guns or thier use.
Guns are used for hunting olympic sports self defense animal control law enforcement and shooting sports from sporting clays to trap to precision pistol to high power .And for freedom assurance.
Also as much as democrats hate it our founding fathers realized we needed them to assure freedom.
You might as well get accustomed to it because they are not going anywhere.
But you tell us how they are of no use when a home 8s broken into and the women are raped and your beaten or killed . your liberal anti gun hate will help you then Im sure .
They could well be used for those purposes but you don't use them for any.
I've heard the pathetic justifications but still the slaughters occur. You use these senseless killings as collateral damage and justification for own them.

Most gun nuts have a varied arsenal, mostly are not used for their purpose. Dont deny that. They have them for egotistical purposes, tough guy image, a yearn for the return of the wild west days and basically testosterone driven.

Your no different.

Werbung:
People are getting pretty fed up with their children and grand children being murdered for no reason by people that should never have had a gun in the first place.
Doing nothing is obviously not working. So we need to try something else, like more stringent regulations of who can possess a firearm in the first place. Better record tracking. Every firearm sales needs to go through licences firearm dealers.
Don't like it? Do something realistic to stop the killing. More guns is not the answer to too many guns. If you think you need a firearm to be out in public, You are part of the problem. Yeah, yeah, yeah I've heard all the excuses. Most people in public do not feel the need to be armed, why do you?
There are more firearms in the United States than people, yet only 35% or so own firearms. There is something very wrong with this fact and we need to fix it. Too many firearm owners have arsenals of tens to hundred of firearms and ammunition for each.
Too many people's lives depend on getting control of our guns.

Back