New Harris Poll shows Palin with 48% of the vote.

Werbung:
Exactly which respected member of the media ever claimed such a thing? Oh that's right... Exactly zero.

"When the stock market crashed, Franklin D. Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the, you know, the princes of greed. He said, 'Look, here's what happened." –Joe Biden, apparently unaware that FDR wasn't president when the stock market crashed in 1929 and that only experimental TV sets were in use at that time, interview with Katie Couric, Sept. 22, 2008

"You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.... I'm not joking." --Joe Biden, in a private remark to an Indian-American man caught on C-SPAN, June, 2006

"The Middle East is obviously an issue that has plagued the region for centuries." -- Barack Obama, Tampa, Fla., Jan. 28, 2010

"I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go." --Barack Obama, at a campaign event in Beaverton, Oregon

"I don't know what the Austrian term for it is... Wheeling and dealing." -- Barack Obama, Speaking in Austria, where they speak German. Apparently he doesn't know there is no "Austrian" language.

"Everybody knows that it makes no sense... That you send a kid to an emergency room for a treatable illness like asthma... They end up taking up a hospital bed. It costs... When... If you... They just... You just gave them treatment early... and they got some treatment... and uh... uh, breathalyzer... er... an inhalator, not a breathalyzer. -- Barack Obama, Epic genius.

"Every month that we do not have an economic recovery package 500 million Americans lose their jobs." -- Nancy Pelosi, There are only 310 million Americans in the United States.

Now Pocket... You were saying that Republicans shouldn't elect idiots?

So Obama, Biden and Pelosi are not idiots?

Ingroup bias – the tendency for people to give preferential treatment to others they perceive to be members of their own groups.

But Palin is?

Availability cascade – a self-reinforcing process in which a collective belief gains more and more plausibility through its increasing repetition in public discourse (or "repeat something long enough and it will become true").

what you can't seem to grasp is the difference between someone misspeaking...and someone just flat out believing something dumb. Such as there are Death panels on the Health care bill..Or that Alaska's proximity to Russia has any impact at all on someone knowing foreign affairs
" PALIN: And, Charlie, you’re in Alaska. We have that very narrow maritime border between the United States, and the 49th state, Alaska, and Russia. They are our next door neighbors.We need to have a good relationship with them. They’re very, very important to us and they are our next door neighbor.

GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?

PALIN: They’re our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska.

GIBSON: What insight does that give you into what they’re doing in Georgia?

PALIN: Well, I’m giving you that perspective of how small our world is and how important it is that we work with our allies to keep good relation with all of these countries, especially Russia.

my fav is still when in the debate she just simply said i am not going to respond to your question and and read off my talking points.

Or when she had her core values written on her hand..

lets be real here, she is not a rocket scientist here. Ron Paul I don't agree with at all..heck even maybe more then Palin..but I would never call him a idiot.

I have a Republican conservative friend who had to admit to me she no longer could listen to Bush talk because he sounded like a complete idiot. It was not just Dems who thought so.

Yes! Sarah Palin is the apex of intelligencia. Bachmann is the prophet of conservatism, a reincarnation of our founders! What more accolades could I hoist on Trump that he has not hoisted himself? Yes, nominate these bastions of all that is America, prove once and for all that the GOP is the light in a world of darkness. Destiny awaits! Go forth, be not faint hearted ye of GOP faith. I will wallow in my wretched waste of logic and education, flailing away at unatainable dreams of a better America. Alas, if only I could lose 50 IQ points to be a part of your sparkling future.

Correct. It wasn't a respected member of the Media. It was Gretchen Carlson of Fox News.
Nice "source"...

Media Matters for America is a Web-based, not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) progressive research and information center dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media.
Carlson was making a joke, Walters was serious. I realize that in order to save face on this you can't make that distinction any more than MeidaMatters, so we can leave it at that.

what you can't seem to grasp is the difference between someone misspeaking...
Ingroup bias – the tendency for people to give preferential treatment to others they perceive to be members of their own groups.

and someone just flat out believing something dumb.
Availability cascade – a self-reinforcing process in which a collective belief gains more and more plausibility through its increasing repetition in public discourse (or "repeat something long enough and it will become true").

Nice "source"...

Media Matters for America is a Web-based, not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) progressive research and information center dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media.
Carlson was making a joke, Walters was serious. I realize that in order to save face on this you can't make that distinction any more than MeidaMatters, so we can leave it at that.

If Media Matters reported it, does that mean it didn't happen?

Here's another:

The caustic Wired story was quickly picked up by Republicans who, busy planting the Gore-is-a-liar narrative in the press, began the mantra that Gore claimed to have "invented" the Internet. He never did. Nonetheless, pundits on the right (Bill Kristol) and left (Mark Shields) unloaded on Gore, as journalists ran with with the much more pleasing "invented" phrase. Even in its follow-up Gore/internet article, Wired, which knew Gore never claimed to have "invented" anything, effortlessly adopted the GOP spin, reporting in the very first paragraph that Gore "claimed to have invented the Internet." For that, Wired announced in 1999, the VP was "spewing half-witted comments."

The fact of the matter is that anyone in a high profile position is likely to have his/her words twisted around by the press. No one is picking on "conservatives" in particular.

that may sound better if not for the fact I have defended Republicans for the same thing.

McCain , troops on Afgan Iraq Border...misspeaking...that Iran is training Al Quida...( my guess is misspeak. though possible he did belive it I find it unlikely)
Obama , 57 states, misspeaking ( also don't think he saw fallen solders at a speech he gave but rather he saw men who served)
Bush "...o god just start listing them....the Fish and people can coexist...putting food on the family,.....our brest and brightest are proud to serve.
Saying Planned parenthood does 90+% abortions when its 3 percent..a lie
( no that was not Palin just using a example)
Stating proximity of Alaska to Russia in any way gives you insight into international relations...is not a lie...but it is dumb. ( regardless if you did not use the phrase I can see Russia from my house)

Werbung:
If Media Matters reported it, does that mean it didn't happen?
Propaganda is a form of communication that is aimed at influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position so as to benefit oneself.

As opposed to impartially providing information, propaganda, in its most basic sense, presents information primarily to influence an audience. Propaganda often presents facts selectively (thus possibly lying by omission) to encourage a particular synthesis, or uses loaded messages to produce an emotional rather than rational response to the information presented. The desired result is a change of the attitude toward the subject in the target audience to further a political agenda. Propaganda can be used as a form of political warfare.
I suppose that despite Media Matters being up front about pushing a Progressive agenda, and targeting Conservatives, you believe them to be "impartially providing information" rather than a source of Progressive propaganda.

The fact of the matter is that anyone in a high profile position is likely to have his/her words twisted around by the press. No one is picking on "conservatives" in particular.
No, of course not... Media Matters simply puts out their agitprop which gets picked up by the MSM and reported as if it were impartial information.

Back