Prove that God doesn't exist.

Does God exist?

• Yes.

Votes: 63 59.4%
  • No.

Votes: 44 41.5%

• Total voters
I didn't read this whole long, long thread. Maybe someone has already made this point:

The title of the thread asks us to prove a negative. Let's see just how easy that is.

I know that there is a god, because I'm him. Now, try to prove that I'm not god.

Werbung:
I didn't read this whole long, long thread. Maybe someone has already made this point:

The title of the thread asks us to prove a negative. Let's see just how easy that is.

I know that there is a god, because I'm him. Now, try to prove that I'm not god.

You can't just call yourself God. There are a few requisites.
  1. You'll need a garden.
  2. You'll need a couple of kids. Don't worry about the incest, you can let it pass this time.
  3. You're going to have to ignore that little voice in the back of your head that says that you shouldn't be making snakes - or apples.
  4. If you happen see a guy wandering around in the desert, think of him as a publisher - and yourself as a the original self-help author.
  5. You have to channel your pyromania into righteous wrath against large cities with lots of sodomy.

The list goes on, really...just remember one thing. Use contraceptives. You're only going to have one kid and his life, well...it isn't going to be very pleasant. Especially when it ends.

You can't just call yourself God. There are a few requisites.
  1. You'll need a garden.
  2. You'll need a couple of kids. Don't worry about the incest, you can let it pass this time.
  3. You're going to have to ignore that little voice in the back of your head that says that you shouldn't be making snakes - or apples.
  4. If you happen see a guy wandering around in the desert, think of him as a publisher - and yourself as a the original self-help author.
  5. You have to channel your pyromania into righteous wrath against large cities with lots of sodomy.

The list goes on, really...just remember one thing. Use contraceptives. You're only going to have one kid and his life, well...it isn't going to be very pleasant. Especially when it ends.
hehe, pretty funny

It's pretty funny, but it does nothing to prove that I'm not god.

As we don't know what a God, or the God, is, a dictionary defintion is pretty useless. It could be a stupider, more simple being who is in charge of us (it would make some sense). Therefore, you could be a God. You're not though.

It's pretty funny, but it does nothing to prove that I'm not god.

Fine. Here you go. There is only one God, right? Well fine. I'm God.

Prove me wrong.

All joking aside, you're right about proving negatives. It's a point that hadn't exactly come up yet, but we've discussed how the idea of "proving" whether or not there is a God is impossible. The idea of the discussion is flawed and the method of discussion is flawed...

I'm thinking we've more or less killed this thread.

Fine. Here you go. There is only one God, right? Well fine. I'm God.

Prove me wrong.

All joking aside, you're right about proving negatives. It's a point that hadn't exactly come up yet, but we've discussed how the idea of "proving" whether or not there is a God is impossible. The idea of the discussion is flawed and the method of discussion is flawed...

I'm thinking we've more or less killed this thread.

I think you're right. We've demonstrated that you can't prove a negative, and that there is no way to prove whether or not there is a god. Oh, yes, and we've about killed the thread.

But, then, god is always right, isn't he?

uhuh

God was never created nor was professed to have been created. God is everything and everywhere and is the absense of everything. God is the voice that decided to create. It's amazing how people will say there's no such thing as God yet profess man will never understand the universe or its creation. Tell me guys, who or what created life? And because there is life, how do you explain death? What exactly is death to you then? There in lies the hypocracy of atheism. Life is not something that evolved out of nothing because it's scientifically impossible. The first cell of life was created. In other words, the chicken was first. Matter cannot evolve into life just as much as life cannot evolve into other forms of life. There had to have been a chicken before there could be an egg and that is what is God.

God was never created nor was professed to have been created. God is everything and everywhere and is the absense of everything. God is the voice that decided to create. It's amazing how people will say there's no such thing as God yet profess man will never understand the universe or its creation. Tell me guys, who or what created life? And because there is life, how do you explain death? What exactly is death to you then? There in lies the hypocracy of atheism. Life is not something that evolved out of nothing because it's scientifically impossible. The first cell of life was created. In other words, the chicken was first. Matter cannot evolve into life just as much as life cannot evolve into other forms of life. There had to have been a chicken before there could be an egg and that is what is God.

There is no hypocrisy in my atheism because I don't believe in deities. Are there things in the universe that can't be explained at our current level of knowledge or understanding? Of course but that in itself is not proof of the existence of a god. Did god come out of nothing or did someone make him/her? Using your own analogy something must have made god.

Hmm

There is no hypocrisy in my atheism because I don't believe in deities. Are there things in the universe that can't be explained at our current level of knowledge or understanding? Of course but that in itself is not proof of the existence of a god. Did god come out of nothing or did someone make him/her? Using your own analogy something must have made god.

In your own mind, perhaps but that's not what I wrote or believe at all.

You are correct... and even more than that there is as much (ok... a lot more evidence of evolutionary development). But at this point nothing is completely explained.

If some of the things proving a religious foundation that were supposed to have happened in Biblical times happened today that would be definitive and I'm sure almost all would be believers. But there are only these stories passed down from man... and man has often created tales that seem very real but in reality were not... like Aesop's Fables.

Everyone has to be allowed to pick what they want to believe and not be brow beat into submission. That's the main problem I have with evangalists... not necessarily the message but the messenger.

Werbung:
Guys -- this entire argument is stupid and trivial. One side can't prove that God does exist, while the other can't prove that He doesn't or give an explanation to countless phenomena that the presence of God would explain.

It's like love. You can't see it, touch it, or hear it. You can't prove that it exists. People would argue that you can see the effects of love, just the same that I would argue I see the effects of God.

Another analogy would be the wind. You can't see the wind. But you see the effects of the wind.

This entire disagreement comes down to whether or not you believe that you have seen the effects of God. Personally, I do believe I've seen the effects of God. Have I seen God personally? No, just as I've never seen love or the wind.

It's about faith.

Back