Votes: 63 59.4%
  • No.

Votes: 44 41.5%

• Total voters
Werbung:
'Biblebeaters' have taken the lead over the 'Heretics."
B-beaters 55%
H-tics 44%

This could go either way!!! The anticipation is almost too much to bear!!!

Wow. I'm really upset I haven't been back on here to check on this debate. I've missed a lot! I'm still sticking with my first beliefs.

"Wow. I'm really upset I haven't been back on here to check on this debate. I've missed a lot! I'm still sticking with my first beliefs."
--Oh come on Lindsay, it's not over at all. Why don't you join in with us?! We're hoping Castle joins in too.

By Agnostic, do you mean that God created us and then left, or we can't possibly understand God, or both? I know what Agnosticism is, but there are two interpretations of it. I was just curious what yours is.

I lean towards the agnostic views of "the theory of god cannot be proven nor disproven" and that "there may be a form of a higher power, but not necessarily a god". I don't really agree with the view that "God created us then left", but the theory that "we cannot understand God" seems rather fitting. But I really don't know what I believe in that sense. I believe the universe was created due to the big bang theory, I don't think one power (God) created us. It just seems too farfetched for me. I believe that God was created to form a comfort for people, and it's all escaladed from there. I don't think it's really possible for us to have absolute knowledge of a god. It may be possible, but I, personally, don't have any knowledge. I'm skeptic. I'll withhold my judgement until more evidence appears.

And what actively formed your god? I think it was the EXTRA-SUPER-GOD that created him.

This pretty much destroys the Christian God argument. When they say "one can formulate that a designer exists by the existence of the design" - well, then one can formulate based on that same argument that the designer himself must have been designed by someone else, and so on...

for athiests though, they have a problem with the existence of the universe. there is no logical basis to claim permanence, since nothing in the universe appears to be permanent. Therefore, if the universe is not permanent, it must have had a beginning.

If something did indeed once come from nothing, the only logical conclusion I can put forth is that it cannot be understood by the human mind.

Is there a God? I believe there is some creational force in the universe, and some form of spiritual energy. Can I prove it? No. So the only logical answer at this point is "I don't know" when asked - is there a God? Is there something beyond physical existence? Where did we come from? etc....

But hyperdimensional physics looks promising and has already brought some new mysteries to light that can't be explained by modern science. We should know a lot more in 10,000 years.

Ok, for all you Atheists out there: Let's hear your argument against the existence of God. For those of you believers: why should/shouldn't God/religion play a part in politics???

God is one thing. Organized man made religion is quite another. One could believe in a God and still believe in all things evolutionary. It's the man made religions that often don't fit into scientific fact.

I'd point out dinosaurs. No dinosaurs in the Bible or any scripture. No mention of any of the thousands of species of dinosaurs we now know existed through fossilize records, on the "Ark". Yet according to scripture EVERYTHING was created a one time and time on earth only started a few thousand years ago.

Carbon dating and other scientific tests show the earth and creatures once roaming it to be millions of years old. Hence the contradiction. :)

Werbung:
A higher being or power does not make it a god either.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

Why not? The higher you go, the closer to Godhood you get. And considering that there are near-infinite depths of existence that we understand nothing about, that we can even conceive of a being capable of doing what God does tends to imply that there are creatures even greater than that out there.

Back