Prove that God doesn't exist.

Does God exist?

• Yes.

Votes: 63 59.4%
  • No.

Votes: 44 41.5%

• Total voters
Had to look up tautological, good usage! We assume all existance began with a set of circumstances aligned with what we know of reality and senses, therefore our dieties exhibit powers we understand or can entertain and emote in such a way as to be personified. All uniquely human traits--such arrogance. Not trying to be metaphysical, quantum mechanics is leading us to new paradyms and I believe we have only scratched the surface, while this is not specifically the search for the first mover, it may lead to a path to understanding.

Werbung:
Had to look up tautological, good usage! We assume all existance began with a set of circumstances aligned with what we know of reality and senses, therefore our dieties exhibit powers we understand or can entertain and emote in such a way as to be personified. All uniquely human traits--such arrogance. Not trying to be metaphysical, quantum mechanics is leading us to new paradyms and I believe we have only scratched the surface, while this is not specifically the search for the first mover, it may lead to a path to understanding.

Thanks. It seems that the idea of god according to ThisTooShallPass is quite different than what 99.9% of Americans think. I use "god" here in lower case because Aquinas's idea of god as a "first mover" is nothing that you should pay reverence to because that god has no influence on anything in our physical universe. To me it is just playing with words to get a vacuous definition. So there is no point in praying or reading the Bible if that is the only concept of god that you are dealing with.

The connection from god to God is a leap that ThisTooShallPass would not make.

If we consider that God does exist, I don't think there is a finer liturgy than ignoring religion and replacing it with a study of quantum mechanics, evolution, cosmology, etc.

Werbung:
Thanks. It seems that the idea of god according to ThisTooShallPass is quite different than what 99.9% of Americans think. I use "god" here in lower case because Aquinas's idea of god as a "first mover" is nothing that you should pay reverence to because that god has no influence on anything in our physical universe. To me it is just playing with words to get a vacuous definition. So there is no point in praying or reading the Bible if that is the only concept of god that you are dealing with.

The connection from god to God is a leap that ThisTooShallPass would not make.

If we consider that God does exist, I don't think there is a finer liturgy than ignoring religion and replacing it with a study of quantum mechanics, evolution, cosmology, etc.

I think it's pretty unlikely that any of the Gods (capital G) that humans have created actually exist. On the other hand, it is quite likely that gods (small g) to do exist.

When we die, we'll all be surprised, unless, of course, the atheist are correct. It that is so, then none of us will ever know anyway.

So, why worry about it now?

Back