The Meaning of Liberal

Let me add a few...

I believe George Bush should we executed for war crimes.
I believe Bill Clinton the greatest president ever.
I believe the military should be disbanded and we should surrender.
I believe a women can kill her unborn baby whenever she wishes.
I believe the death penalty should never be applied except for conservatives.
I believe in paying taxes just not me.
I believe Acorn and SEIU are GREAT!
I believe Dems always do good things and Rs do bad things.
I believe gay sex should be taught to first graders.
I believe global warming is real no matter the facts.
I believe whatever liberal elites tell me to believe.

you know when you joined, I joked that I already did not like you as a joke....after about 2 posts....I guess I was correct

Werbung:
Uncle Joe's Bio:

* Destroyed the Hitlerite filth.
* Brought peace to Europe by preventing the re-establsihment of a militarised Germany
* Brought universal education, housing and health care to Soviet workers
* Took the Soviet Union from being a basket case to a society that was the first to launch a space satellite and the first to put a man to space.
* Rid the Soviet Union of the parasitic priest class.
* Brought in equal rights for women.

The Gipper's Bio

* Ratted on his colleagues when in charge of the screen actor's guild.

* Sacked by General Electric

* Supported ur-fascist GoldWater in 1964.

* Finally became a war-hero when his boys managed to win a great battle over a collection of engineers in Grenada.

* Brought imperialism and colonialism back into fashion.

* Wrongly claimed credit for the events in Europe in 1989

* Destroyed the fiscal responsibility of the US government.

BS Uncle Joe. Reagan never supported terrorism......

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight......

:rolleyes:

"Despite his aw shucks style, Reagan found virtually every anticommunist action justified, no matter how brutal. From his eight years in the White House, there is no historical indication that he was troubled by the bloodbath and even genocide that occurred in Central America during his presidency, while he was shipping hundred$ of million$ of dollar$ in military aid to the implicated forces.

The death toll was staggering -- an estimated 70,000 or more political killings in El Salvador, possibly 20,000 slain from the contra war in Nicaragua, about 200 political "disappearances" in Honduras and some 100,000 people eliminated during a resurgence of political violence in Guatemala. The one consistent element in these slaughters was the overarching Cold War rationalization, emanating in large part from Ronald Reagan's White House.

A different picture -- far closer to the secret information held by the U.S. government -- was coming from independent human rights investigators. On March 17, 1983, Americas Watch representatives condemned the Guatemalan army for human rights atrocities against the Indian population. New York attorney Stephen L. Kass said these findings included proof that the government carried out "virtually indiscriminate murder of men, women and children of any farm regarded by the army as possibly supportive of guerrilla insurgents."

Rural women suspected of guerrilla sympathies were raped before execution, Kass said. Children were "thrown into burning homes. They are thrown in the air and speared with bayonets. We heard many, many stories of children being picked up by the ankles and swung against poles so their heads are destroyed." [AP, March 17, 1983]

You guys are crazier than even I thought.

You condemn Reagan and commend Stalin. I guess in the Age Of Ignorance (aka Liberalism) this is an accepted practice.

Unbelieveable!

Then you should not want to violate people's civil liberties by taking awaay their things just to give their things to other people.

Then you obviously don't understand the meaning of people are more important than things. FYI money is a thing not a person.;)

Then you should support vouchers to be used in home schooling since it is the type of school that turns out the best educated kids.

I think I've mentioned this before... I've served as a school board member.
Home schooling varies wildly. I'm for improving our public school system so that poorer districts have the comparable quality of teachers and facilities as the most successful districts.

Since the original statements don't come as I reply and it's a lot of going back and forth to see what you're even responding too. Let's just leave it at... we disagree.;)

Let me add a few...

I believe George Bush should we executed for war crimes.
I believe Bill Clinton the greatest president ever.
I believe the military should be disbanded and we should surrender.
I believe a women can kill her unborn baby whenever she wishes.
I believe the death penalty should never be applied except for conservatives.
I believe in paying taxes just not me.
I believe Acorn and SEIU are GREAT!
I believe Dems always do good things and Rs do bad things.
I believe gay sex should be taught to first graders.
I believe global warming is real no matter the facts.
I believe whatever liberal elites tell me to believe.

MED CART to the Gipper STAT!!!!!!!

The fact you are so outrageous only points to why only 20% and dropping are even willing to associate themselves with the Republicant Party.

Small tent... small minds I guess. Continue bashing psychotically. When you're as far in exile as you are on the Far Right you really have nothing else.:D

I know you feel isolated as it is not easy being you... as we can clearly see...

You condemn Reagan and commend Stalin. I guess in the Age Of Ignorance (aka Liberalism) this is an accepted practice.

Unbelieveable!

How 1984-esque. You're presented with hard evidence that Reagan supported terrorism and you simply ignore it and proceed to the attacks.

Actually, in a strange sense, I actually have a lot of respect for this post. It takes real skill to squeeze two fallacies (ad hominem and red herring) into a six-word sentence.

Unbelieveable!

Stalin is not a liberal, he is a communist, and I almost never agree with him. he does not represent the liberals even on this site let alone overall. But since you don't seem keen to learning, paying attention, facts, and such.. you will skip this becuse it suits what you want to hear...just like Fox Noise.

I wish someone from this site would go find some new conservitives for the site that are not....see always and above....

Stalin is not a liberal, he is a communist, and I almost never agree with him. he does not represent the liberals even on this site let alone overall. But since you don't seem keen to learning, paying attention, facts, and such.. you will skip this becuse it suits what you want to hear...just like Fox Noise.

Thank you for the compliment, but I am just a humble marxist.

Comrade Stalin.

Let me save this post from the usual name calling and inanity

from Wikipedia

"..Liberalism (from the Latin liberalis, "of freedom; worthy of a free man, gentlemanlike, courteous, generous"[1]) is the belief in the importance of individual freedom. This belief is widely accepted today throughout the world, and was recognized as an important value by many philosophers throughout history

By the beginning of the 20th century, political liberalism had become the norm throughout the West, but economic liberalism had resulted in a vast concentration of wealth, with the majority of mankind living in a state of poverty. The economic world was shaken by a series of depressions. Freedom, which in the past had been threatened by autocratic governments, was now threatened by the despotism of the rich.[38]

Communism offered a revolutionary alternative to liberalism, promising a more just distribution of wealth.[39] The political history of the 20th Century can be seen as a cold war between liberal democracy and communism,[40] although other enemies of liberalism, fascism and more recently Islamism, have also struggled for dominance.[41]

Liberalism's answer to communism came in the form of social liberalism, as proposed by the British philosopher T. H. Green. His writing stressed the interdependence of human beings, and the need for a government that would promote freedom by providing health care and education, and fight the forces of prejudice and ignorance.[42]

Another brand of liberalism arose at this time in opposition to social liberalism, called Social Darwinism, as discussed in the writing of another British philosopher, Herbert Spencer. Where Green stressed community and interdependence, Spencer stressed individuality and self-interest. In his view, government should get out of the way, or at most serve as a "night-watchman", and allow human beings freedom to compete. In this competition, the weak would die and the strong survive, to the eventual improvement of the human race.[43]

While the social liberals strove to eliminate the poverty that made communism attractive, the followers of social Darwinism considered that a weak response, and favored war as the only sure method of destroying communism.[44] Communist parties were outlawed in many parts of Europe, and communist demonstrations violently suppressed. The communists also chose violence as the best method of attaining their ends, and communist revolutions were successful in Russia and China.[45]

At the same time that communist revolutions were changing the political landscape in the East, the social liberals were making major changes in the West. They recognized the power of capitalism to produce wealth, and believed that communism would fail on economic rather than military grounds. At the same time, they argued that the benefits of the wealth produced by capitalism should be shared with the general population, and not left in the hands of the few. They sponsored programs of civic improvement, building of schools, hospitals, public transportation systems, and sewage systems. During times of depression, these programs provided jobs for the unemployed, who would otherwise either starve or be a threat to orderly society.[46]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberalism

Actually reading the whole article is probably a very good idea for everyone on this forum.

Comrade Stalin

Let me save this post from the usual name calling and inanity

from Wikipedia

"..Liberalism (from the Latin liberalis, "of freedom; worthy of a free man, gentlemanlike, courteous, generous"[1]) is the belief in the importance of individual freedom. This belief is widely accepted today throughout the world, and was recognized as an important value by many philosophers throughout history

By the beginning of the 20th century, political liberalism had become the norm throughout the West, but economic liberalism had resulted in a vast concentration of wealth, with the majority of mankind living in a state of poverty. The economic world was shaken by a series of depressions. Freedom, which in the past had been threatened by autocratic governments, was now threatened by the despotism of the rich.[38]

Communism offered a revolutionary alternative to liberalism, promising a more just distribution of wealth.[39] The political history of the 20th Century can be seen as a cold war between liberal democracy and communism,[40] although other enemies of liberalism, fascism and more recently Islamism, have also struggled for dominance.[41]

Liberalism's answer to communism came in the form of social liberalism, as proposed by the British philosopher T. H. Green. His writing stressed the interdependence of human beings, and the need for a government that would promote freedom by providing health care and education, and fight the forces of prejudice and ignorance.[42]

Another brand of liberalism arose at this time in opposition to social liberalism, called Social Darwinism, as discussed in the writing of another British philosopher, Herbert Spencer. Where Green stressed community and interdependence, Spencer stressed individuality and self-interest. In his view, government should get out of the way, or at most serve as a "night-watchman", and allow human beings freedom to compete. In this competition, the weak would die and the strong survive, to the eventual improvement of the human race.[43]

While the social liberals strove to eliminate the poverty that made communism attractive, the followers of social Darwinism considered that a weak response, and favored war as the only sure method of destroying communism.[44] Communist parties were outlawed in many parts of Europe, and communist demonstrations violently suppressed. The communists also chose violence as the best method of attaining their ends, and communist revolutions were successful in Russia and China.[45]

At the same time that communist revolutions were changing the political landscape in the East, the social liberals were making major changes in the West. They recognized the power of capitalism to produce wealth, and believed that communism would fail on economic rather than military grounds. At the same time, they argued that the benefits of the wealth produced by capitalism should be shared with the general population, and not left in the hands of the few. They sponsored programs of civic improvement, building of schools, hospitals, public transportation systems, and sewage systems. During times of depression, these programs provided jobs for the unemployed, who would otherwise either starve or be a threat to orderly society.[46]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberalism

Actually reading the whole article is probably a very good idea for everyone on this forum.

Comrade Stalin

That is a good read Stalin.

However one of the problems that came up with Communism in regard to religion was that it overreached. I'm actually very prone to agree with Darwin. And from a purely scientific basis think that it is the truth.

However in Communist countries they went the next step not allowing or persecuting the practice of religion. That's a severe overreach that will always cause brutal conflict. Telling someone that they can't practice a particular philosophy only hardens their belief that there must be some conspiracy and their resolve that they must practice it.

As much as I personally despise modern day con men televangelists America still came up with a better way by simply separating church & state. Teach science as science and let everyone believe & practice whatever they want outside of that.

Thank you for your post though as it was very informative and explained a lot that many people today miss about history.

Werbung:
The real difference between liberals and conservatives is that liberals are those that are too liberal for their own good; while conservatives are those that are only liberal for their own good. Either way you want to look at it, neither come out looking very good.

Back