When we outlaw guns...

N

Nammy

gun_buyback00.jpg

The old bumper sticker still says it best: When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

I still smile tenderly at people who insist they only want the government to restrict guns a little. Or only ban certain "especially bad" ones. Or create just a few "gun free zones" around schools or churches or wherever. Or etc. History has shown over an over, that once you grant government the authority to put ANY restrictions on personal weapons, it tries over the ensuing years to put more and more, until private ownership or use is basically impossible. Except for those who disobey the law, of course. And every time, a new batch of do-gooders shows up, and insists that with them, it will be different.

Same goes for the ones who demand, "Why do you NEED such-and-such a gun?" These people don't seem to see any problem with a requirement to explain to some outside entity our reasons for wanting the ability to be armed, as a necessary condition to buy or own one.

Do these misnamed "gun buyback" programs actually reduce crime? Everyone has an opinion. But does anybody have any FACTS? Some study you can point to showing crime levels before and after a buyback program? Or anything similar?

And before you get huffy about the fact that the above "gun-buyback" program was voluntary, and not MANDATED by government, permit me to guide you back to the issue it illustrates: People without guns are vulnerable to predation by people who have them. The guy saw right away that the woman had money. But he didn't pull his gun on her until he was sure she didn't have hers any more.

Sure, she made her own choice to give up her gun. But when people have that choice taken away by government and are forced to do so, the lawbreakers can be even more sure their law-abiding victims are unarmed; and less inhibited about going after them.

Werbung:
funny how some threads dont get touched at all here

i wonder why that is?

As a flaming liberal who also happens to be a hunter I think that non hunting and non protection guns need to be banned.

your far too confused on this issue for me to further waste my time

I am truly sorry if I am wasting your time. I stated my case, and it was greeted by an insult.

Please explain to me why some one would need a MAC 10 to defend their home or hunt with. I am curious.

what insult?
your wrong as usual
you stated you thought ALL weapons besides you Hunting rifles should be illegal....thats the law in Great Britain

go on and MOVE to a place that SUITS YOUR desires?

what insult?
your wrong as usual
you stated you thought ALL weapons besides you Hunting rifles should be illegal....thats the law in Great Britain

go on and MOVE to a place that SUITS YOUR desires?

I would suggest that you reread what i said. I stated that I think that all weapons that are not for home protection or hunting should be banned.

As for England, no, I'm staying here as I am an American.

All guns that are for home protection and hunting........well that pretty well leave it wide open then eh? Im so sorry i forgot to type home protection in the sentance

your still confused my boy.....what gives YOU the right to determine what I may need for Home protection?

my second ammendmant rights give me the right to bear arms in order to keep a tyrannous Government from imposing its will upon the people the second ammendmant wasnt written for you hunters.......or for us to protect our homes

you need to re-learn why it was written and what purpose it serves as usual your mistaken

All guns that are for home protection and hunting........well that pretty well leave it wide open then eh? Im so sorry i forgot to type home protection in the sentance

your still confused my boy.....what gives YOU the right to determine what I may need for Home protection?

my second ammendmant rights give me the right to bear arms in order to keep a tyrannous Government from imposing its will upon the people the second ammendmant wasnt written for you hunters.......or for us to protect our homes

you need to re-learn why it was written and what purpose it serves as usual your mistaken

No, I think that I have a pretty good handle on the 2nd Ammendment. I own an 870 for duck hunting, a 30-06 for deer and pig hunting, and a .38 police special for home protection. Why would I need to own a Mac 10? Why should anyone?

No, I think that I have a pretty good handle on the 2nd Ammendment. I own an 870 for duck hunting, a 30-06 for deer and pig hunting, and a .38 police special for home protection. Why would I need to own a Mac 10? Why should anyone?

well lets see sparky..what if you lived in an area of gang violence and drug trafficking where Gunshots are heard hourly? and lets say there was a riot......in your hood what the fock good is that lil peon .38 gonna do for you against roaming bands of gang members who are armed BETTER than law enforcement?
you dont think things through thats obvious your also young and naive

you display a half thought out flawwed logic the belies reality

well lets see sparky..what if you lived in an area of gang violence and drug trafficking where Gunshots are heard hourly? and lets say there was a riot......in your hood what the fock good is that lil peon .38 gonna do for you against roaming bands of gang members who are armed BETTER than law enforcement?
you dont think things through thats obvious your also young and naive

you display a half thought out flawwed logic the belies reality

Well, I'm 39, not exactly a child. I would expect that a person versed in the usage of firearms would be more than capable of taking care of themselves with a "lil peon" gun.

Werbung:
and just how far against a tyrannous government is that >38 gonna help you to beat them off?

im sorry i dont believe you understand the 2nd ammendmant at all

Back