Palin ordered to pay back taxes

Did she know she owed these taxes and still refuse to pay for years like Tom Daschle and Timothy Geitner?

or did she just find out that she needs to pay these taxes because someone just told her?
It appears she was just told, by a State judge. Part of this is because her actions are somewhat unprecedented in the fact she has somewhat shunned the Governors Mansion. All the other Governors have made the mansion thier primary residence while in office.

Personally, I would prefer her to reside in Juneau, because that is the seat of state power, and makes her more accessible to Alaskans, and other visitors(Juneau is a major tourist destination). While it is probably a wash in terms of cost with her getting per diem versus some of the upkeep of the Governors Mansion while she would be residing there.

Also, while residing in Wasilla, she makes a daily hour long commute one way to the State Admin building in Anchorage. She does it while using a state owned Suburban. A 120 mile daily drive using a vehicle that gets probably 10mpg at best, versus a 3 block walk she would have in JNU.

So all things considered, I am not sure which is cheaper, either way it is probably an insignifigant amount in one direction or the other. But I am also unsure of the tax status of the truck she is assigned.

Werbung:
The desperate liberals are apparently terrified of Sarah Palin. She's not even running for anything or being appointed to anything... yet they are digging for every bit of slime they can find, in hopes they can make her look bad.
ABSOLUTELY!!!!!

After all, her Legacy has already been set!!!

"Sarah campaigned in Wasilla as a "fiscal conservative". During her 6 years as Mayor, she increased general government expenditures by over 33%. During those same 6 years the amount of taxes collected by the City increased by 38%. This was during a period of low inflation (1996-2002). She reduced progressive property taxes and increased a regressive sales tax which taxed even food. The tax cuts that she promoted benefited large corporate property owners way more than they benefited residents.

The huge increases in tax revenues during her mayoral administration weren't enough to fund everything on her wish list though, borrowed money was needed, too. She inherited a city with zero debt, but left it with indebtedness of over $22 million."

Carry on, Little-Acorn.

:rolleyes:

Well, lookee here...stealing clothes wasn't good enough for Gov. Bimbo.. She wrongly charged the state, at a rate of $60 a day, for over 300 nights she spent in her Wasilla home. Once a hillbilly always a hillbilly.
Aw, c'mon....she's obviously living at a poverty-level....​

"The governor's office wouldn't say this week how much she owes in back taxes for meal money, or whether she intends to continue to receive the per diem allowance. As of December, she was still charging the state for meals and incidentals."

Hell....make-up, alone, has got to be a significant-portion of her budget!!

Poor Bimbo........

:(

It appears she was just told, by a State judge. Part of this is because her actions are somewhat unprecedented in the fact she has somewhat shunned the Governors Mansion. All the other Governors have made the mansion thier primary residence while in office.

Personally, I would prefer her to reside in Juneau, because that is the seat of state power, and makes her more accessible to Alaskans, and other visitors(Juneau is a major tourist destination). While it is probably a wash in terms of cost with her getting per diem versus some of the upkeep of the Governors Mansion while she would be residing there.

Also, while residing in Wasilla, she makes a daily hour long commute one way to the State Admin building in Anchorage. She does it while using a state owned Suburban. A 120 mile daily drive using a vehicle that gets probably 10mpg at best, versus a 3 block walk she would have in JNU.

So all things considered, I am not sure which is cheaper, either way it is probably an insignifigant amount in one direction or the other. But I am also unsure of the tax status of the truck she is assigned.

If she just learned she owes the taxes I dont see what the big deal is. Though if she refuses to pay them then I can see that being an issue.

Arnold doesnt like the gov mansion in Ca. either but he does pay for the daily trip out of his own pocket. Perhaps she should do the same. I have been to Juneau and I am not sure how that place makes her more accessible to Alaskans. But it is the place where she should probably live

she took money for travel...for staying in her home....and did not pay taxes on it...the fact a court told her she had to, does not change the fact she should
1. have paid taxes on it in the first place
2. not been getting the money anyway.

Nuh uh. Can't have that both ways.

BTW, Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has a private jet, albeit his own. Nonetheless, one might ask why the Chief Executive compensated by one of the most financially distressed states in the nation is still flying a, uh, "corporate jet."

That witch hunt seems to be all the rage now.

Im going to make several posts here, but a few things, Popeye, as much as you might not like Palin, calling her Governor Bimbo on this forum is frowned upon. Please figure out something else to refer to her in the future.

Secondly, here is a much better story from the local source that broke the story and I think should be credited with such. It also details some information towards the bottom about new Alaska Senator Begich(d) who also owes some back taxes.

http://www.adn.com/palin/story/693695.html

Give me a break Bunz...if she was governor of Mississippi and I referred to her in that way, you wouldn't give it a second thought. Nor did I realize that referring to a public figure as a bimbo was against forum policy.....

Nuh uh. Can't have that both ways.

BTW, Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has a private jet, albeit his own. Nonetheless, one might ask why the Chief Executive compensated by one of the most financially distressed states in the nation is still flying a, uh, "corporate jet."

That witch hunt seems to be all the rage now.

that easy...
1. security
2, the fact you own a jet, does not mean you cant use one that would be used by any other gov. that did not own one.

But nice job talking about something not even related at all. your good at that...

If she just learned she owes the taxes I dont see what the big deal is. Though if she refuses to pay them then I can see that being an issue.
We are not in a disagreement here in regards if she fails to pay. But she got the benefit of an early warning that she would have to pay these taxes, by seeing other politicos falling from grace on the same issue.
I hope she will be paying taxes on the state vehicle she uses daily, with state gasoline and maintenance.
Arnold doesnt like the gov mansion in Ca. either but he does pay for the daily trip out of his own pocket. Perhaps she should do the same. I have been to Juneau and I am not sure how that place makes her more accessible to Alaskans. But it is the place where she should probably live
I dont even know what to say when it comes to California. Part of me just says, we ought to take everything south of Bakersfield, and just kick that area out of the union. ;)
But maybe she should pay for it herself. There is no question she takes every advantage she can when it comes to State bennies. To include having the State pay for an extra ticket in many cases for Piper(the youngest girl) to travel with her instead of paying for a babysitter or making other arraingments as millions of other parents are required to when it comes to traveling for business.

As for accessibility, I will address a few things...firstly did you enjoy Juneau?
The area surrounding greater Juneau is quite pretty when the weather is nice. Were you on a cruise?
As an Alaskan, who has been to Juneau quote a few times, I will forever avoid Juneau and most of South east Alaska in the summer tourist season whenever I can. Dont get me wrong, I want more tourism in Alaska, I am blessed to live in a beautiful state, and enjoy sharing it with millions of people who are no as lucky to have been born here, or the opportunity to call this place home. But the rush of peddling anything with A L A S K A on it kinda drives me batty. I cant believe what people from outside of Alaska blow millions of dollars on in terms of trinkets and suveniors. Not to menion having tens of thousands of additional people in a town that simply doesnt have the capacity for them.
When people spend 5 bucks for a plastic bag full of moose nuggets, I just shake my head. You want to see a good time in Juneau, go right now, when the Legislative session is happning. That is the best action all year.

Give me a break Bunz...if she was governor of Mississippi and I referred to her in that way, you wouldn't give it a second thought. Nor did I realize that referring to a public figure as a bimbo was against forum policy.....

Popeye,
Calling her Gov. Bimbo isnt directly against the forum rules, but I certainly frown upon it.
Just the same as when any number of politicians names are distorted in some sophmoric immature way. It adds nothing to the discussion in general, and mostly offers a distraction. I cringe when right wingers call you Poopeye. It is a dumb distraction the actual topic at hand.

While we let the following aliases get used regularly, it simply lowers the level of action debate here, whereas I am more interested in raising it. While I am probably not going to give you an infraction for using the term, I think it is important for you to realize that it ultimately disatracts from the basis of your argument. Both sides are certainly guilty of it. Let me give some examples

Gov Bimbo
Caribou Barbie(this one is simply moronic)
Dumbya
Nazi Pelosi
Egghead
Bite Me
Guvanator
McCold
Saddamy

You see what I am getting at?

Werbung:
Check out this one...even Cafferty thinks she's a bimbo....a pathetic one at that.
While I dont really watch Cafferty, I agree more with Wolf on this one. It was certainly not her best answer, and Frankly, that was nothing short of embarrassing as an Alaskan.

Back