• Islam

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Judaism

• Asatru

• Total voters
Werbung:
You do know that the Bible consists of more then one book, right?...... Etc. Etc.
What's your point? You stated above you could only know the mind of God if you read word for word the bible. I think you do the Christian faith a gross injustice. You seem to disregard the scholastic achievements of those thinkers referenced above who draw from the richness of the likes Plato, Socrates, Plotinus and Jewish tradition and a whole host of contemporary and ancient philosophy, religions and beliefs.
I don't think you gain much insight into Gods mind if your only reference point is the bible.

Yes there are, and some have become irrelevant as technology has advanced such as the refrigerator, razor blade, etc. Don't get too bogged down in legalism. If you take it to the extreme one could not use a tractor to plow with, but adultery is still a violation of Gods law.
You're right that was a bit trite for which I apologise.

Evidently you believe that Grace allows you to willingly violate the Law without repercussions. Not a day goes by that your boy Trump does not violate the Law of God, and the laws of the country, and you justify it.

You would not be "going back", you would be growing in the word as Paul says if you were to follow the law. Grace is there only for the times we accidentaly transgress the law, not when we willingly violate the law.

Romans 6: 11, 12 "Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof."
What do you mean my boy Trump.. He is our President, You said ; Not a day goes by that your boy Trump does not violate the Law of God, and the laws of the country, and you justify it. I'm not aware of it, but not many days go by that I don't disappoint him. From what I've seen that's probably true about most of us. Except you of course..

Has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Gods word, or your opinion. Which one reigns supreme?
Has nothing to do with the topic at hand? Are you for real here? There are no stronger teaching words in our Bible.Those words are in Red and were given so that we my know their importance....
He Ask Jesus and HE answered...Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt lovethe Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. On these two commandments hang ALL THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS

Gods word, or your opinion. Which one reigns supreme?

What do you mean my boy Trump.. He is our President, You said ; Not a day goes by that your boy Trump does not violate the Law of God, and the laws of the country, and you justify it. I'm not aware of it, but not many days go by that I don't disappoint him. From what I've seen that's probably true about most of us. Except you of course..

Well, justifying sin again I see. Most of us who do commit sin do so accidentally. Trump does so with forethought, and habitually. And when caught lies, to cover up his previous wrong.

Has nothing to do with the topic at hand? Are you for real here? There are no stronger teaching words in our Bible.Those words are in Red and were given so that we my know their importance....
He Ask Jesus and HE answered...Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt lovethe Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. On these two commandments hang ALL THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS

Gods word, or your opinion. Which one reigns supreme?

What has it to do with habitual sin?

If you spent as much time seeking Gods word for your "opinions" rather then defending habitual sin you might find the truth if you are seeking it.

Did God place those words in "red"? Do you think they are verbatim? What happens when the printer places them in blue? Are they then less relevant to the topic of love?

If you spent as much time seeking Gods word for your "opinions" rather then defending habitual sin you might find the truth if you are seeking it.

Did God place those words in "red"? Do you think they are verbatim? What happens when the printer places them in blue? Are they then less relevant to the topic of love?
I geuss only you know what Jesus said.. I have been a fool for over 40 years, because i do believe whats in red was spoken by Jesus..
I'M DONE YOU WIN, but I will leave you with a few scriptures .THAT YOU SEEM TO IGNORE.. I do not Like arguing about Scripture..

Once you are born again..

For sin shall not have dominion over you: forye are not under the law, but under grace (Romans 6:14, KJV).

But if ye be led of the Spirit,ye are not under the law(Galatians 5:18, KJV).

For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death. But nowwe are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter (Romans 7:5-6, KJV).

ForChrist is the end of the law for righteousnessto every one that believeth (Romans 10:4, KJV).

Whereforethe law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come,we are no longer under a schoolmaster(Galatians 3:24-25, KJV).

Knowing thata man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: forby the works of the law shall no flesh be justified(Galatians 2:16, KJV).

Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins: And by him all that believe are justified from all things, fromwhich ye could not be justified by the law of Moses(Acts 13:38-39, KJV).

Foras many as are of the works of the law are under the curse:for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident:for, The just shall live by faith. And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them. Christ hath redeemed us fromthe curse of the law, being made a curse for us:for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree (Galatians 3:10-13, KJV).

Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. Thereforeby the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight:for by the law is the knowledge of sin. But nowthe righteousness of God without the lawis manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets (Romans 3:19-21, KJV).

Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faithwithout the deeds of the law(Romans 3:28, KJV).

For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect: Because thelaw worketh wrath:for where no law is, there is no transgression (Romans 4:14-15, KJV).

I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain (Galatians 2:21, KJV).

But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God,how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage? Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years. I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labor in vain(Galatians 4:9-11, KJV).

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, andbe not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised,Christ shall profit you nothing. For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law. Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace(Galatians 5:1-4, KJV).

But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, Thatit was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.Now thereforewhy tempt ye God,to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples,which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear(Acts 15:5, 10, KJV).

Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words,subverting your souls,saying, Ye must be circumcised, andkeep the law:to whomwe gave no such commandment(Acts 15:24, KJV).

But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, andstrivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain. A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject; Knowing thathe that is such is subverted, and sinneth,being condemned of himself (Titus 3:9-11, KJV).

O foolish Galatians,who hath bewitched you,that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spiritby the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? Are ye so foolish?having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain. He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you,doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith(Galatians 3:1-5, KJV)?

And I, brethren,if I yet preach circumcision,why do I yet suffer persecution? then is the offence of the cross ceased. I would they were even cut off which trouble you(Galatians 5:11-12, KJV).

Gods word, or your opinion. Which one reigns supreme? It appears to me your opinions mean everything to you. Mine use to.. but not anymore.

I geuss only you know what Jesus said.. I have been a fool for over 40 years, because i do believe whats in red was spoken by Jesus..
I'M DONE YOU WIN, but I will leave you with a few scriptures .THAT YOU SEEM TO IGNORE.. I do not Like arguing about Scripture..

Once you are born again..

For sin shall not have dominion over you: forye are not under the law, but under grace (Romans 6:14, KJV).

But if ye be led of the Spirit,ye are not under the law(Galatians 5:18, KJV).

For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death. But nowwe are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter (Romans 7:5-6, KJV).

ForChrist is the end of the law for righteousnessto every one that believeth (Romans 10:4, KJV).

Whereforethe law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come,we are no longer under a schoolmaster(Galatians 3:24-25, KJV).

Knowing thata man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: forby the works of the law shall no flesh be justified(Galatians 2:16, KJV).

Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins: And by him all that believe are justified from all things, fromwhich ye could not be justified by the law of Moses(Acts 13:38-39, KJV).

Foras many as are of the works of the law are under the curse:for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident:for, The just shall live by faith. And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them. Christ hath redeemed us fromthe curse of the law, being made a curse for us:for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree (Galatians 3:10-13, KJV).

Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. Thereforeby the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight:for by the law is the knowledge of sin. But nowthe righteousness of God without the lawis manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets (Romans 3:19-21, KJV).

Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faithwithout the deeds of the law(Romans 3:28, KJV).

For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect: Because thelaw worketh wrath:for where no law is, there is no transgression (Romans 4:14-15, KJV).

I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain (Galatians 2:21, KJV).

But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God,how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage? Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years. I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labor in vain(Galatians 4:9-11, KJV).

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, andbe not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised,Christ shall profit you nothing. For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law. Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace(Galatians 5:1-4, KJV).

But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, Thatit was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.Now thereforewhy tempt ye God,to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples,which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear(Acts 15:5, 10, KJV).

Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words,subverting your souls,saying, Ye must be circumcised, andkeep the law:to whomwe gave no such commandment(Acts 15:24, KJV).

But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, andstrivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain. A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject; Knowing thathe that is such is subverted, and sinneth,being condemned of himself (Titus 3:9-11, KJV).

O foolish Galatians,who hath bewitched you,that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spiritby the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? Are ye so foolish?having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain. He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you,doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith(Galatians 3:1-5, KJV)?

And I, brethren,if I yet preach circumcision,why do I yet suffer persecution? then is the offence of the cross ceased. I would they were even cut off which trouble you(Galatians 5:11-12, KJV).
That's a heaping helping of gospel truth there !

What happens when the printer places them in blue? Are they then less relevant to the topic of love?
What happens if a translator mis-translates them? What happens if a a scribe with an overactive imagination adds to the text?
That's a heaping helping of gospel truth there !
And a lot of it from Galatians which I find interesting as this was were Paul (poor soul) was in his really unhappy place sending firely letters to all those stupid Turks for listening to Jewish teachers telling them to follow the Law. I think (as a non-believer) that Galatians should be read in context and should not/cannot be quoted line by line because its a complex theological argument (and at times a counter-intuitive argument) about the Law of Abraham, the Covenant with God, mediating Angels and how faith fits/does not with with 4000 years of Jewish teaching and tradition. Does the fact that there was total radio silence after this one letter to the Galatians mean that he lost the argument? Did the jewish teachers win over the community from Paul? He referenced on many occassions his communities in Corinth, Macedonia and Ephesus for example, there is no other reference in any of his writtings or letters of the Galacian community.

Werbung:
9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

1).

Ephesians 2:8-9 “For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.”

Back