Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Islam

• Judaism

• Asatru

• Total voters
For what its worth I didn’t know that the bible was a rule book. Isn't it easier to try and understand the points of view being expressed without gleefully resorting to throwing out verses and words from the bible ad-nauseam. Is that the way the bible is supposed to be used? I trump your argument with this quote so I’m just so absolutely right and you haven’t a friggin clue. Anyway….

Werbung:
For what its worth I didn’t know that the bible was a rule book. Isn't it easier to try and understand the points of view being expressed without gleefully resorting to throwing out verses and words from the bible ad-nauseam. Is that the way the bible is supposed to be used? I trump your argument with this quote so I’m just so absolutely right and you haven’t a friggin clue. Anyway….
They say the devil can quote scripture which is why a more complete understanding is desirable.
But the best path is to open your heart to the Holy spirit who will impart this in a way perfect for you.

They say the devil can quote scripture which is why a more complete understanding is desirable.
But the best path is to open your heart to the Holy spirit who will impart this in a way perfect for you.

Paul says we will not know everything till all is finished, and that was not accomplished with the death/resurrection of Christ. But tell me, with the infilling of the Holy Spirit, where does it say He will tell you to ignore the words of God the Father, or Christ His Son?

It is a "rule book", and the rules are called Commandments. The verses used are what scripture calls studying the Word "line upon line, precept upon precept". It is through studying the Word that one learns the mind of God.

Isaiah 28: 9-14

"Whom shall He teach knowledge? and whom shall He make to understand doctrine? Them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts. For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little. For with stammering lips and another tongue will He speak to this people. To whom He said, "This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear." But the word of the Lord was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

Wherefore hear the word of the Lord, ye scornful men, that rule this people which is in Jerusalem."

2 Timothy 3: 1-5; 13-17

"This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away......

"But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: that the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works."
Yo know your doctrine sir.. But there all about works, and we failed at that..

There you go again. You can't say under what standard of God Trump has been saved so you go and call me names, and once again distort, and ignore the word of God. By Gods standards you are not living in His word either physically, or spiritually. It is Gods word that calls us to teach, to rebuke, to expose false teachers, sinners like the ones in Corinth, and the list goes on. You can rant, and rave, all you want, it is not facts, or truth, you seek,. It is quite simply justification for your own foolishness.

But hey, I am a "jerk", a "hypocrite", and who knows what else, for pointing out to you what God has to say. And since you cannot do the same you, like the dog, will remain in your own vomit. And if you were nopt a fool you would actually pay attention to Gods word, not your opinion, and follow Him, not the likes of Trump.
Hey, I never thought of you as a hypocrite, a little bit of a jerk maybe.. I believe your knowledge of scipture is vast.. we just disagree.. on LAW versus Grace and we are at an impasse. I have been where you are and i'm not going back, maybe i'm wrong, but everything in me says i'm not..

Paul says we will not know everything till all is finished, and that was not accomplished with the death/resurrection of Christ. But tell me, with the infilling of the Holy Spirit, where does it say He will tell you to ignore the words of God the Father, or Christ His Son?
Jesus said this

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt lovethe Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Jesus said this

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt lovethe Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Gods word, or your opinion. Which one reigns supreme?

Do you or have you ever in the past...
Shaved with a razor?
Eaten a whole grape?
Overcharged or underpayed for an article?
Panicked and retreat during battle......:LOL: I love that one
Apparently there are 613 Commandments..... that's one mighty set of rules.

Yes there are, and some have become irrelevant as technology has advanced such as the refrigerator, razor blade, etc. Don't get too bogged down in legalism. If you take it to the extreme one could not use a tractor to plow with, but adultery is still a violation of Gods law.

Rubbish. Do you think that was how someone like Augustine worked? If he'd have sat in his room with just one book, the bible, in front of him he could have come up with some of the most profound and seminal thoughts of Christianity? I doubt it!!

You do know that the Bible consists of more then one book, right? As to Augustine, and his "The City of God", he envisioned a united Church under the leadership of one "head", or the "Pope". He also came upon the scene after the Nicean Council which established the books of the Bible, and yet he had many other writings of the Fathers of Christiandom such as Iraneus, Origen, Eusebius, and others.

Werbung:
Hey, I never thought of you as a hypocrite, a little bit of a jerk maybe.. I believe your knowledge of scipture is vast.. we just disagree.. on LAW versus Grace and we are at an impasse. I have been where you are and i'm not going back, maybe i'm wrong, but everything in me says i'm not..

Evidently you believe that Grace allows you to willingly violate the Law without repercussions. Not a day goes by that your boy Trump does not violate the Law of God, and the laws of the country, and you justify it.

You would not be "going back", you would be growing in the word as Paul says if you were to follow the law. Grace is there only for the times we accidentaly transgress the law, not when we willingly violate the law.

Romans 6: 11, 12 "Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof."

Back