Why we need to renew the war on "Christians."

Jesus also said not to worry because God would provide what you needed.

Did you forget about that part?

No I didnt forget about that part.

I do not think Jesus meant sit on your but and collect food stamps.

below is a story Jesus told, perhaps you should read it.

Matthew 25:14-30 (New International Version)

The Parable of the Talents
14"Again, it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants and entrusted his property to them. 15To one he gave five talents[a] of money, to another two talents, and to another one talent, each according to his ability. Then he went on his journey. 16The man who had received the five talents went at once and put his money to work and gained five more. 17So also, the one with the two talents gained two more. 18But the man who had received the one talent went off, dug a hole in the ground and hid his master's money.
19"After a long time the master of those servants returned and settled accounts with them. 20The man who had received the five talents brought the other five. 'Master,' he said, 'you entrusted me with five talents. See, I have gained five more.'

21"His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!'

22"The man with the two talents also came. 'Master,' he said, 'you entrusted me with two talents; see, I have gained two more.'

23"His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!'

24"Then the man who had received the one talent came. 'Master,' he said, 'I knew that you are a hard man, harvesting where you have not sown and gathering where you have not scattered seed. 25So I was afraid and went out and hid your talent in the ground. See, here is what belongs to you.'

26"His master replied, 'You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I have not scattered seed? 27Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest.

28" 'Take the talent from him and give it to the one who has the ten talents. 29For everyone who has will be given more, and he will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken from him. 30And throw that worthless servant outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'

Werbung:
There are many American Islamic Imam's that share your point of view. They are Reza, Johari Abdul Malik, and Muhammed. If they get their way you better grab your arse, and bend over.

http://www.investigativeproject.org/243/johari-islam-will-be-usas-first-religion

As to the rest of your BS, and perversion of Christ's teachings, Christ never taught that one should not seek wealth. In fact, He said that your wealth would be increased, even here on earth, if you followed His principles. It is what you do with it after gaining it that matters. He said it was the love of gold that is the root of all evil. He also admonished all to use their wealth to help those in need.

As to the "rich young ruler", Christ admonished him not because of his wealth, but because of his love of that wealth.

Also, the reason Christ did not have a "home" was His mission. It was not His purpose to amass material goods. It was His purpose to die for ones sins. For this He did not have need for a house, and all the trappings. It was as He told Pilate, if He had need for such things, including being saved from cricifixion, He only needed to say the word, and all would be done.

In fact, people like Beck, and the others you would condemn, give a much higher percentage of their wealth to the poor, voluntarily, then people like you who are envious of their wealth ever will.

The war against Christianity is nothing new. It has been active ever since the life of Christ by the Romans, and others, including some who claimed to be Christian. Even today people like you have infiltrated Christian denominations with your false teachings, and caused divisions within the Body of Christ.

So, keep up your "war" if you wish. Just like the left wing fools that follow the "religion" of BO, Pelosi, Reid, etc., it will not succeed.

You really should really give scriptural references when you talk about the Bible. I notice that you are now calling someone else's "perversion" of the Bible to task. Get a grip, DOT.

No I didnt forget about that part.

I do not think Jesus meant sit on your but and collect food stamps.

below is a story Jesus told, perhaps you should read it.

Matthew 25:14-30 (New International Version)

The Parable of the Talents

Jesus Christ (it had to be said), you're using a parable about spending your time doing productive activities to make a case that Jesus wants you to be concerned over your property?

Tell you what, I'm just going to go with a direct order from the man himself -

Luke 6:29-31 (This is Jesus speaking)
If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. Do to others as you would have them do to you.

Let me guess... Jesus didn't mean that literally. No, the government only came and nailed his ass to a cross. But you, you need to fight for a comfortable place to live and low taxes. That's your cross. Sure.

You really should really give scriptural references when you talk about the Bible. I notice that you are now calling someone else's "perversion" of the Bible to task. Get a grip, DOT.

You should really add something of value to the conversation for a change. Quit trying to use your "Doctorate of Phrenology" to determine your understanding.

Jesus Christ (it had to be said), you're using a parable about spending your time doing productive activities to make a case that Jesus wants you to be concerned over your property?

Let me guess... Jesus didn't mean that literally. No, the government only came and nailed his ass to a cross. But you, you need to fight for a comfortable place to live and low taxes. That's your cross. Sure.

When Jesus saw the money peddlers defiling the Temple He made a whip of cords, and ran them out. (Matthew 21:12; John 2:15,16)

When Jesus saw the Pharisees, and lawyers, stealing the homes of widows (which also refers to others), He condemned them. (Matthew 23:13-33)

When Jesus gave the parable of the landowner who leased out his land, and they tried to steal it, He spoke of how they were killed. (Matthew 21:33-41)

Christ spoke of the responsibility of a father to care for, and protect, their families. It would be hard for a man to do so without ones property. He also spoke of one giving their life for another.

When you speak of the Bible please don't do so from the basis of ignorance as many do. As I have told others, and obvioulsy they have chosen to ignore the admonition, one must do as God said to do, "line upon line, precept upon precept". To fail to do so is the be ignorant of what Christ said, and taught.

As to the "communal" living spoken of in Acts (Acts 4:32-37; 15:1-14), there was no living as one in the same place. It was the sharing of ones property to help those in need, and to finance the teaching of the Gospel. It was also voluntary, and not by force from the government, therefore, it was not "communist" in nature.

So, as so many who oppose Christian values, and morality, you speak from hatefilled ignorance.

Hey Mare, are the references good enough for your feeble mind?

Your words show where your heart lies, brother. And I have you pegged.

You were resistant to my words, because you have great wealth.

You have me "pegged" about as well as you have the Bible, and Christ "pegged".

Your "heart" lies with taking from others what they have earned; attempting to shame them if they don't; defending the lazy, and slothful; and then trying to destroy the very system that allows your lazy arse to survive.

BTW, I am far from wealthy now thanks to people like you.

When Jesus saw the money peddlers defiling the Temple He made a whip of cords, and ran them out. (Matthew 21:12; John 2:15,16)

When Jesus saw the Pharisees, and lawyers, stealing the homes of widows (which also refers to others), He condemned them. (Matthew 23:13-33)

When Jesus gave the parable of the landowner who leased out his land, and they tried to steal it, He spoke of how they were killed. (Matthew 21:33-41)

Christ spoke of the responsibility of a father to care for, and protect, their families. It would be hard for a man to do so without ones property. He also spoke of one giving their life for another.

When you speak of the Bible please don't do so from the basis of ignorance as many do. As I have told others, and obvioulsy they have chosen to ignore the admonition, one must do as God said to do, "line upon line, precept upon precept". To fail to do so is the be ignorant of what Christ said, and taught.

As to the "communal" living spoken of in Acts (Acts 4:32-37; 15:1-14), there was no living as one in the same place. It was the sharing of ones property to help those in need, and to finance the teaching of the Gospel. It was also voluntary, and not by force from the government, therefore, it was not "communist" in nature.

So, as so many who oppose Christian values, and morality, you speak from hatefilled ignorance.

Hey Mare, are the references good enough for your feeble mind?

I'll speak to what... whatever this is. Let's just stick with Jesus for now.

1. The Temple Incident
Not quite sure what your point is here other than to bolster my case. Jesus ran those out who put property over spiritual matters. He didn't keep the wealth did he? Wouldn't that be stealing?

2. The Pharisees "devouring" widows' houses
Matthew 23:14 "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You devour widows' houses and for a show make lengthy prayers. Therefore you will be punished more severely."

So let's see, people who worry more about getting property than spiritual matters will be punished more severely. Another couple of verses to note

Matthew 23:16-17 ""Woe to you, blind guides! You say, 'If anyone swears by the temple, it means nothing; but if anyone swears by the gold of the temple, he is bound by his oath.' You blind fools! Which is greater: the gold, or the temple that makes the gold sacred?

Thanks Jesus, that's what I have been saying.

3. Parable of the tenants
So let me get this straight, you think a parable that teaches that we are to bear fruit for God, i.e. do the spiritual work his Son told us to do, is an argument to be concerned with your property.

Why does a father have to be concerned about property in raising a child when God will give him what he needs? Sounds like more excuses to worry about earthly treasures over Heaven.

So whatever that was, because it certainly wasn't a rebuttal, it just proves my point.

Speaking of "line upon line, precept upon precept", let's get back to something I brought up -

Luke 6:29-31
"If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. Do to others as you would have them do to you."

What part of those lines don't you get?

It's not Christian values I have a problem with. If I actually met someone who could follow them, I'd admire them. Most people I meet who are "Christians" see their cross as maintaining a home and griping that taxes should be lower. I'm sure that's what Jesus had in mind, it's just no one can point it out to me.

Your "heart" lies with taking from others what they have earned; attempting to shame them if they don't; defending the lazy, and slothful; and then trying to destroy the very system that allows your lazy arse to survive.

I've never asked for anything of yours.

I would ask why you would be unwilling to give it to me if I asked, as the precept goes. But I know why. Your concern for your property shows where your heart lies. Like I said, you're pegged.

BTW, I imagine 90% of the everyone else in the world would want to switch places with you. You're sad, because you have much and are afraid to lose it. Kind of like the rich young man, no?

First, you have to look at the whole vs. If you only post part of it, it makes little sense.
Also, you have to understand what it meant. “An eye for an eye a tooth for a tooth.”
It did not mean you literally poke someone’s eye out of they poked your eye out. It meant if you injured someone you paid them the worth value of what you injured. If you did accidentally poke someone’s eye out you had to pay them damages (much like attorneys today) you can go back to the Talmud for rules on the value of things like this.

Jesus was essentially against attorneys it seems, he wanted people to be forgiving and not sue over things like this, instead if you hurt someone instead of fighting and negotiating over how much you owe them just give them what they ask for. I do wonder if he were talking about a fair persons request or just anyone’s crazy requests.

Matthew 5:38 You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.'[g] 39But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. 41If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. 42Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

Do you think people who believe in Jesus should sign themselves up for slavery and find the most uncomfortable rock possible to lay their head on at night? Or perhaps an uncomfortable rock is too good for the ugly Christian?

That is what it sounds like to me.

LOL. I very much doubt your taxes have impoverished you. You're just selfish. .

You should really add something of value to the conversation for a change. Quit trying to use your "Doctorate of Phrenology" to determine your understanding.

Well at least I understand the value of a Doctorate in Phrenology and don't try to trade on that as a debating point like some people do with their supposed Doctorate in Theology.

You really should quote scripture chapter and verse, it makes it much easier for us to check and see if you are misquoting or "perverting" the Scriptures.

First, you have to look at the whole vs. If you only post part of it, it makes little sense.
Also, you have to understand what it meant. “An eye for an eye a tooth for a tooth.”

Do you think people who believe in Jesus should sign themselves up for slavery and find the most uncomfortable rock possible to lay their head on at night? Or perhaps an uncomfortable rock is too good for the ugly Christian?

That is what it sounds like to me.

I am looking at the whole.

It all culminates with Jesus having everything he has taken away and having his ass nailed to a cross, then not being cross with those who did it to him.

What does that teach?

If someone cannot take your life away, what can they take away that matters? Why has no "Christian" answered that?

What do you care if you are a slave? What do you care if the government comes and takes everything you have? How does it make a difference in the WHOLE? Is some suffering, in what temporally is a blink of an eye, not worth an eternity in Heaven? Is having a house and 401k for a second that important to you?

Keep talking. Both you and Old Trapper can't help but make my point.

You aren't content enough with trusting God to give you what you need. You have to get what you want.

Keep telling it.

I've never asked for anything of yours.

I would ask why you would be unwilling to give it to me if I asked, as the precept goes. But I know why. Your concern for your property shows where your heart lies. Like I said, you're pegged.

BTW, I imagine 90% of the everyone else in the world would want to switch places with you. You're sad, because you have much and are afraid to lose it. Kind of like the rich young man, no?

Question is, why would you need to ask for it when you could work for it? Are you disabled, a widow, a homeless child, etc.?

As I said before, Conservative Christians, like Beck, give more of their wealth away then similar people with your belief's. Problem with you is they don't give it all away so people such as yourself can live without labor.

You have "pegged" nothing save for your own greed, and envy.

As I said before, Conservative Christians, like Beck, give more of their wealth away then similar people with your belief's. Problem with you is they don't give it all away so people such as yourself can live without labor.

How do you know this exactly?

What difference does it make? Jesus spoke to giving from wealth.

Mark 12:41-44

Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts. But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a fraction of a penny.

Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on."

Keep talking. You are now just pulling dirt into the grave you so obligingly dug.

Werbung:
I'll speak to what... whatever this is. Let's just stick with Jesus for now.

1. The Temple Incident
Not quite sure what your point is here other than to bolster my case. Jesus ran those out who put property over spiritual matters. He didn't keep the wealth did he? Wouldn't that be stealing?

Why didn't Christ "turn the other cheek" as you seem to think He should have?

2. The Pharisees "devouring" widows' houses
Matthew 23:14 "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You devour widows' houses and for a show make lengthy prayers. Therefore you will be punished more severely."

So let's see, people who worry more about getting property than spiritual matters will be punished more severely. Another couple of verses to note

Matthew 23:16-17 ""Woe to you, blind guides! You say, 'If anyone swears by the temple, it means nothing; but if anyone swears by the gold of the temple, he is bound by his oath.' You blind fools! Which is greater: the gold, or the temple that makes the gold sacred?

Thanks Jesus, that's what I have been saying.

That is not what you have been saying at all. Christ taught that one's property was to be defended, not stolen, regardless of the authority of the Courts which the Pharisees, and lawyers (scribes) represented at the time. It matter not what the hypocrites declared publicly when their actions demonstrated where their heart was.

What you are attempting to do is use Christ's words to defend your own hypocrisy.

3. Parable of the tenants
So let me get this straight, you think a parable that teaches that we are to bear fruit for God, i.e. do the spiritual work his Son told us to do, is an argument to be concerned with your property.

No. What it demonstrates is that one is not required to "turn the other cheek" under all circumstances. Under your "law" self defense would be condemned, and Christ did not teach that at all, and self defense also pertained to ones property.

Why does a father have to be concerned about property in raising a child when God will give him what he needs? Sounds like more excuses to worry about earthly treasures over Heaven.

What does God give a person to use to provide for his family? Is it not the "property"? If one has not that property how is he to provide?

What does one do when another attempts to steal what God has given him?

So whatever that was, because it certainly wasn't a rebuttal, it just proves my point.

Only because you are guided by the blind.

Speaking of "line upon line, precept upon precept", let's get back to something I brought up -

Luke 6:29-31
"If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. Do to others as you would have them do to you."

What part of those lines don't you get?

And yet you have in Luke 22:36 "The He said to them 'But now I tell you, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a sack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.' "

Now, none is denying that Christians are to be generous, and facts show they are, however, it is not taught that one should just lay down, and be a floor mat while the likes of you destroy them. God gave commands for everything, and yet He also gave them free will. Christ also taught in John 15:13 "Greater love has no one than this, that to lay down his life for his friends".

It's not Christian values I have a problem with. If I actually met someone who could follow them, I'd admire them. Most people I meet who are "Christians" see their cross as maintaining a home and griping that taxes should be lower. I'm sure that's what Jesus had in mind, it's just no one can point it out to me.

I've often argued that Christians should just withdraw from society as the Amish, and Bereans, have done, and do business only with other Christians in the manner as the first Christians did in your example given in Acts. They should strive to be "perfect as their God in heaven is perfect." However, if they were to do so then they could not be examples to others, and people like you would just take advantage of them, or kill them as the Romans, and the apostate Roman Catholic Church, did. They would then have to form their own nation as the Jews have done, and suffer the persecutions you propose. It will come to pass as Christ foretold in the Book of Revelation.

Till then they will remain the imperfect beings they are, and act much like the rest of the world with their carnal feelings. Instead of proposing their destruction you should be singing praises to God that they are here to "control" what would obviously be a chaotic world, by their example. Without their beliefs we would have no Constitution, and very few of the laws passed concerning morality would have been passed. And as fewer numbers profess to be Christian the country is becoming more chaotic as secularism is accepted.

Not all who claim to be Christian are truely Christian. Obama, Reid, Pelosi, etc., are examples of that, lacking the knowledge to act as such. God said "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge", just as He said "Many are called, few are chosen".

However, your proposal shows why even in this time Christians are not safe, and need to be wary of the tenuous situation they are in, and need to be prepared.

Back