Prove that God doesn't exist.

Does God exist?

• Yes.

Votes: 63 59.4%
  • No.

Votes: 44 41.5%

• Total voters
Werbung:
If the Universe had always existed, there would be no beginning and no end. This is obviously impossible because we live in a world of beginnings and ends. However, something had to/has to exist out of what we call 'time' in order to: 1. create matter out nothing. 2. set that matter into motion. If a "super-duper-god" created God, and a "super-duper-duper-god" created that one, it could go on forever into infinity. This is not possible because the Universe, the World, etc. is subject to time, causes and effects, beginnings, etc.--we live in a finite world. Therefore, the regression of God being created by something that created it... cannot go on forever. It has to begin somewhere with one being.

Lindsay: 1. Modern science demonstrates that everything (solid matter, stars, planets, us, etc.) in the Universe originated from dust particles. The dust particles came together by gravity, formed planets, so fourth. Therefore, who/what set the particles into their first motion (gravitational pull towards each other)? We can't say gravity, because the particles had to be formed first before they could pull toward one of another. Basically, what I'm asking is what created something out of nothing? Nothing (that we know of) can create something out of nothing, yet we exist. Things don't just appear from nowhere naturally. Things haven't existed forever because we live in finite time. Therefore, SOMETHING actively had to form us, the World, everything. Something had to have an intention to form the first particles from nothing because that doesn't happen as part of the natural process. That 'something,' we call God, Allah, the Divine Being, Etc.

Thats not proving that there is a God. thats simply making up a reason for something that we dont have answer for yet. Anyone can just make **** up. If your going to propose a theory for the origins of the universe, then do it, but you have to provide evidence. If you say there is a God, ok, then prove it.

2. We live in a world of cause and effect. Who/what was the first cause? Who/what was the first effect. There cannot be an effect without a cause or vise versa. Therefore, we, the World, etc. had to be placed into existence to be affected. But, furthermore, there HAD to be a first cause. That 'first cause' is God.

So then if there can'not be an effect without a cause, who/what created the creator?

Hopefully, these two argument can prove to you that God, in fact does exist. If not, say why and I've got a few more. I've NEVER heard an argument that can debunk these two points. Points like this are why astrophysicists, biologists, scientists of all types believe (rather KNOW) of God's existence. I'm not saying all scientists believe in God, I hope that's obvious. Also, I'm largely paraphrasing Aristotle and Aquinas in my points--I didn't just think this stuff up on my own although I wish I could say I did.

They don't prove anything. IN fact, its a pretty weak attempt at sophistry.

You shouldnt use Aquinas, because his entire premis begins with the pre-suposition that God exists. He doesnt prove Gods existence anymore than Aristotle ever did. Furthermore, citing such good company doesn't make an argument.

If the Universe had always existed, there would be no beginning and no end. This is obviously impossible because we live in a world of beginnings and ends.

HAHAHA....thats absolutely hilarious. :D :D Hey Cheshire, we need to save that quote.

However, something had to/has to exist out of what we call 'time' in order to: 1. create matter out nothing. 2. set that matter into motion. If a "super-duper-god" created God, and a "super-duper-duper-god" created that one, it could go on forever into infinity. This is not possible because the Universe, the World, etc. is subject to time, causes and effects, beginnings, etc.--we live in a finite world. Therefore, the regression of God being created by something that created it... cannot go on forever. It has to begin somewhere with one being.

Actually, Science states that matter can'not ever just disapear, or appear out of nothing. It just takes different forms. So according to science, the matter that makes up the universe has always been their.

Ok, for all you Atheists out there: Let's hear your argument against the existence of God. For those of you believers: why should/shouldn't God/religion play a part in politics???

I'd like to take a shot at both questions please. There is no way to prove that God doesn't exist, it's a logical impossibility. No matter where humans go there will always be some place where we haven't gone or can't imagine going, or never thought about going, and God could be hiding in any of those places. Truthfully, when I look around at humanity I can't say that I'd blame Him for doing it either. There is no way to prove a negative like this.

I think God SHOULD play a part in politics, and just as soon as He shows up I'll acknowledge His right to take part. Until He actually shows up He has no more right to play a part in politics than Harvey the Rabbit.

I guess I should expound on this more:
If the Universe had always existed, there would be no beginning and no end. This is obviously impossible because we live in a world of beginnings and ends.

Its been proven that the universe is expanding. One theory, is that the universe is in a constant state of expansion and collapsing, once it reaches the farthest point of expansion, it begins collapsing again. ONce it collapses, it once again blows back out, and expands again. It keeps doing this, infinitly.

Of course, thats not even getting into black holes. Because the Matter that gets sucked into them, has to go somehwere. One theory, is that it gets sucked into another dimension....

"Thats not proving that there is a God. thats simply making up a reason for something that we dont have answer for yet. Anyone can just make **** up. If your going to propose a theory for the origins of the universe, then do it, but you have to provide evidence. If you say there is a God, ok, then prove it."
--That IS the answer 'we don't have yet.'

"So then if there can'not be an effect without a cause, who/what created the creator?"
--I think you typed this before I answered it in the last post.

They don't prove anything. IN fact, its a pretty weak attempt at sophistry.

"You shouldnt use Aquinas, because his entire premis begins with the pre-suposition that God exists. He doesnt prove Gods existence anymore than Aristotle ever did. Furthermore, citing such good company doesn't make an argument."
--You have to start with the presupposition that God either does or doesn't exist. To say I shouldn't use Aquinas because of his presupposition is to be closed-minded when investigating the topic. You have to start somewhere. Also, you obviously haven't read much Aristotle (Metaphysics) or much Aquinas (Summa Theologica or Summa Contra Gentiles).
I'm not saying that because Aristotle or Aquinas said it, it's true. I was making sure I wasn't claiming those arguments to be my own.

Werbung:
I win. Disproving my existance is like trying to prove that there is no magical teacup orbiting the earth RIGHT NOW!

Back