Prove that God doesn't exist.

Does God exist?

• Yes.

Votes: 63 59.4%
  • No.

Votes: 44 41.5%

• Total voters
Werbung:
Armchair: But matter undergoes accidental and substantial change. "From dust to dust." But it ahd to come into existence at some point.
Coyote: 'Cycles withing cycles" are still cycles--with beginnings and ends.
Cheshire: Kelly is an Irish males name you ignorant b****.

Sure the universe is expanding and will retract according to your argument. But, it cannot expand and retract in the same instance. Therefore, it is subject to time..beginning and end..eventually. Besides, what set off the universe to expand and retract?

Also you're speaking of the universe a a thing. What does it expand into? What's left when it retracts?...More space? More universe???

--That IS the answer 'we don't have yet.'

Prove it.
--I think you typed this before I answered it in the last post.
And I debunked your response.

You have to start with the presupposition that God either does or doesn't exist. To say I shouldn't use Aquinas because of his presupposition is to be closed-minded when investigating the topic. You have to start somewhere. Also, you obviously haven't read much Aristotle (Metaphysics) or much Aquinas (Summa Theologica or Summa Contra Gentiles).
I'm not saying that because Aristotle or Aquinas said it, it's true. I was making sure I wasn't claiming those arguments to be my own.
[/QUOTE]

To the contrary, the reason why Aquina's Summa Theologica fails is because of his presupposition that God exists. Science doesnt come to a conclusion and then form the facts around it.

I already told you Armchair, the only logical explanation is that it all goes back to one creator. Maybe we were created by aliens or something, but some had to created those aliens and so fourth, but it cannot go on forever because we exist in a finite realm, world, universe, (your choice of word here:___).

"I dont know. Its ok to say that, you know."
--Of course. But, you admit that the universe is a THING. A thing that expands and retracts (therefore being subject to time=finite). Where did that THING come from? It couldn't just have existed forever.

Werbung:
I already told you Armchair, the only logical explanation is that it all goes back to one creator. Maybe we were created by aliens or something, but some had to created those aliens and so fourth, but it cannot go on forever because we exist in a finite realm, world, universe, (your choice of word here:___).

Well so your not arguing for the existence of God anymore?

Back