Palin steps down as governor

For anyone who did not remember the reports of her popularity when being picked for VP by McCain, here is a link below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin

She is the state's first governor to have been born after Alaska achieved U.S. statehood, and the first not to be inaugurated in Juneau; she chose to have the ceremony held in Fairbanks instead. She took office on December 4, 2006, and had been very popular with Alaska voters. Polls taken in 2007 early in her term showed her with a 93% and 89% popularity among all voters,[80] which led some media outlets to call her "the most popular governor in America."[73][80] A poll taken in late September 2008 after Palin was named to the national Republican ticket showed her popularity in Alaska at 68%.[81] A poll taken in May 2009 showed Palin's popularity among Alaskan's was at 54% positive and 41.6% negative

Werbung:
Tell it to your libtard buddies who started in on me the first day out!
Yeah I am sure you would be otherwise pleasant if nobody said anything to you. :rolleyes: You have on several occassions taken it to far. Calling someone a dog rapist and sack of **** is childish and brings nothing to the discussion. Want to take that route, find somewhere else to go.
Then quit issuing "warnings" when I sling the mud just as hard and fast as your libtard buddies do, or is it only "objectionable" when a conservative or libertarian does it, but it's OK when a libtard does the exact same thing?
When members of any sort spew the things you have, they get infractions and banned. Even the rightie moderators here would do the same.
You're so full of sh*t, it's coming out of your ears! She had the highest approval rating of ANY Governor in the nation, on BOTH sides, and NOBODY had anything but high praise for her until McCain tapped her for VP. Revisionist history isn't your strong suit, because there's too much evidence to the contrary, so don't even try it.
You seem to be not reading my entire posts. Because I basically said it was the RINOS and some democrats who got her elected. I am not denying she had wide spread support. There were plenty of times when I supported her. What happened is that when she was in the Presidential campaign, she changed. She misrepresented herself, and our state. That is why her approval rating dropped. But more importantly her negative rating went through the roof.

I spent the better part of last year researched her, and EVERY candidate, on BOTH sides of the spectrum (as a Precinct Chairman, it's part of my JOB), and the only critics she had in your legislature were the ones who lost their free cookies and milk when she cleaned house up there, so that BS argument won't wash either.
Well as a precint chairman, you still have a very poor grasp on what actually has gone on in Alaska, and who the players are. She has always been under fire from the actual conservatives in the Legislature, mostly over her major policy agenda. To include AGIA, ACES, energy rebate and excessive spending. This is gone on to include Republicans like Mike Hawker, Con Bunde, Fred Dyson, Rick Halford, Lyda Green, Jay Ramras, Paul Seaton(these are just the more prominent GOP Legislators). Then of course there is former 2x Governor Wally Hickel. Who endorsed her and was prominent in her 2006 gov campaign. He has been quoted as saying he washes his hands of her. So you can take your snippy ignorant I am a precinct chairman high chair and tell it to other lower 48ers who have zero idea as well.
King George thought the same thing when he sent the troops in to garrison Boston too, but then again, being a liberal, I wouldn't expect you to know anything about history, or the Constitution, especially since you seem to have no problem wiping your butt with it.
Yeah, for someone who has spent a career in construction by doing some quick math would make me assume you are middle aged at the very least...you choose to take such childish responses to valid points.
Tell me another lie while you're at it. I lurked around here on and off for over a month, reading what people were saying, and if you were supporting GOP candidates, it was the corrupt ones that Palin got rid of, and then only because they were promising you more "bread and circuses" that the Democraps were!
Did you read my original post? Obviously not in its entirety. I said I have not supported a GOP candidate since 2006. Before then I voted a number of GOP candidates. Including Bush 43 in 2000, Ted Stevens, and many local Republicans. My recent support of Democrats has not come as a result of that party being so great. It has happened because the GOP has proven themselves to be utterly incapable of government management, and even worse on the hypocrisy of thier social agenda.
As far as the insults, that's all you libtards are good at, so I'm playing by YOUR rules. If you don't like it, then lead by example, and perhaps I may consider following suit.
Your right I should never have stooped to your level. I wont make that mistake again.

Re: Did Palin resign because of pending indictments?

Oh REALLY? And you would know that how? And exactly what "heavy duty industrial usage items" were used in her home that aren't used in hundreds of thousands, if not millions of homes everywhere in America? I've seen the interviews she's done at her home and I didn't see ANYTHING that was "out of the ordinary" for a home of that size and style.

You're still playing the silly assed "we've got to find something on her, and we haven't been able to find anything real, so we'll just keep making sh*t up as we go along, and the lamestream media will keep on reporting it, regardless of how much crap it really is".

Did you read the first sentence of my post? The part where I said I didnt think those rumors had any footing? Do you purposefully misrepresent my sentiments, or just have issues with reading comprehension?

Either way, what I was referring to is that the hand rails and windows and other items that are found in her home are of the style found in heavily used public buildings like sports arenas. Most homes dont have 2inch steel diameter handrails, nor do they have quarter inch lexan windows designed to stop a hockey puck. Personally I dont care, its a dead issue.

I vaguely recall {one of her many 'lipstick on a pit-bull comments} how she was made of tough stuff and she comes from fisherman who know when to fish or cut bait...but that just ranks right up there with her other comments about "shaking up the good ole boy politics in Alaska and still whipping their collective butts and winning her elections" :confused: RIGHT...she sure showed them how she can handle the tough jobs...when the going get tough pack up your big girl panties and haul arse!!!

In her defense; she could suffer from ADD/ADHD;...after looking at her inability to complete any college courses and the number of times that she transferred around {cherry picking the easy squeeze subjects} it would appear that sticktoitiveness/fortitude/strength of character is just not what she's all about...but she's puuuurty to look at and is full of snappy comebacks too ;)

I honestly dont know what the motivation for her quitting is. So it isnt a pending scandal, fair enough. She could be gearing up for 2012. Which seems like such a dumb play to me. Why abandon your current post? where she can make the most difference in pushing whatever agenda she seems to want to support.
Or is she tired of taking personal flak? Until I learn more, that is my most likely theory. Her approval rating has sunk, her negative rating growing...people here questioning her agenda and motivations, and then there is the family factor. All of which seems shallow to me. Because it was Sarah who had a fawning local media before...then she quit granting interviews a year ago. She performed poorly on the national stage, and brought her family into the spotlight, and has continued to maintain thier presence. Nobody has done this to Sarah but Sarah.

That is pretty much what she said and I agree with her. If you love your state you are not going to want to spend state money defending yourself. The new gov coming in wont have those problems and things can move on smoothly.
Pandora, the legal bills racked up have been roughly $500,000, bumpkiss in the greater scheme of things. Over half of that was through Troopergate. Until she created SarahPAC, she had no problem taking trips on the state dime for personal business and bringing the family to. She thought nothing of taking tens of thousands in per diem for staying in her own home. So I just cant buy into this notion that she somehow is stepping down for the good of Alaska(especially to save a drop in the bucket)
I dont think the Sarah Palin haters will ever be happy though. They wanted her gone, she is leaving and now she is a quitter. There is nothing she could do short of killing herself to appease these people and even then they would complain the blood stains would not come out of the carpet.
Classic overexaggeration on your part. But concerning the first sentence of this paragraph, the same could be said about Obama.
I am glad she is moving on to other things, her kids don’t need the harassment, neither does her (cute) husband and she does not either. Alaska is better off with a new gov and a fresh start.
One needs to look no further than why her family is apart of the media frenzy than because she has not only allowed that, but promoted it herself.

For anyone who did not remember the reports of her popularity when being picked for VP by McCain, here is a link below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin

She is the state's first governor to have been born after Alaska achieved U.S. statehood, and the first not to be inaugurated in Juneau; she chose to have the ceremony held in Fairbanks instead. She took office on December 4, 2006, and had been very popular with Alaska voters. Polls taken in 2007 early in her term showed her with a 93% and 89% popularity among all voters,[80] which led some media outlets to call her "the most popular governor in America."[73][80] A poll taken in late September 2008 after Palin was named to the national Republican ticket showed her popularity in Alaska at 68%.[81] A poll taken in May 2009 showed Palin's popularity among Alaskan's was at 54% positive and 41.6% negative
As I was saying before, Sarah was poppular. During those times, I certainly would have given her positive marks. You dont get approval rating that high with bi-partisan support. She had it. No question.
What changed all that? It was when she went around on the campaign trail misrepresenting herself, and Alaska. She also conducted herself in ways that many Alaskans dont like in thier politicians.
Then upon her return, it became quite obvious her intentions and that she herself had changed. Alaskans hadnt changed, Sarah had.

But frankly I am glad to no longer be subjected to Executive Leadership that is willing to put aside what is probably best for the State and instead lead astray by someone who has thier own self interest at heart.

As I was saying before, Sarah was poppular. During those times, I certainly would have given her positive marks. You dont get approval rating that high with bi-partisan support. She had it. No question.
What changed all that? It was when she went around on the campaign trail misrepresenting herself, and Alaska. She also conducted herself in ways that many Alaskans dont like in thier politicians.
Then upon her return, it became quite obvious her intentions and that she herself had changed. Alaskans hadnt changed, Sarah had.

But frankly I am glad to no longer be subjected to Executive Leadership that is willing to put aside what is probably best for the State and instead lead astray by someone who has thier own self interest at heart.

This post was not directed at you. Bob had said she was very popular till being tapped by McCain, then someone in thread attacked him, screamed and yelled give proof you liar exc. so I thought I would post alone insteaed of doing it in reply as to "hope" I wont have to get another nasty post of insults but the info could still be seen.

Un true, I would be perfectly ok if obama killed himself and left blood stains.
I would not be upset in the slightest

Having known more than my fair share of people who have taken thier own lives, it is among the worst for those who knew and loved someone.

Even those who I disagree with the most politically I still would never wish ill health or bodily harm on them, much less death.

This post was not directed at you. Bob had said she was very popular till being tapped by McCain, then someone in thread attacked him, screamed and yelled give proof you liar exc. so I thought I would post alone insteaed of doing it in reply as to "hope" I wont have to get another nasty post of insults but the info could still be seen.

Fair enough, but I was responding to you because I came under fire when I wrote this...
Originally Posted by Bunz
It was the RINOs and liberals who got Palin elected. The conservatives still hate her to this day. It was when she became an entirely different person while on the national campaign trail that she lost her support among many Alaskans.
Then I was treated to this tirade.
Originally posted by Bob the Builder
You're so full of sh*t, it's coming out of your ears! She had the highest approval rating of ANY Governor in the nation, on BOTH sides, and NOBODY had anything but high praise for her until McCain tapped her for VP. Revisionist history isn't your strong suit, because there's too much evidence to the contrary, so don't even try it.

This post was not directed at you. Bob had said she was very popular till being tapped by McCain, then someone in thread attacked him, screamed and yelled give proof you liar exc. so I thought I would post alone insteaed of doing it in reply as to "hope" I wont have to get another nasty post of insults but the info could still be seen.[/quote]

Originally Posted by Boob the Builder
She had the highest approval rating of ANY Governor in the nation, on BOTH sides, and NOBODY had anything but high praise for her until McCain tapped her for VP.

Shaman said: You forgot to mention this was all POST-exorcism.​

Are you SURE it took....and, how could you tell???????
I stated: I would go out on that 'limb' and ask BOOB for a factual link for that statement...but as with his other posts that I'm still waiting for the validation/link...this would be a futile request too!!! ;)

Everything that he's posts is not received with any credibility...just more ranting diatribes from an emotionally charged hysteria based personality!!!​

See what confusion you cause when you can't seem to function around a proper posting of a quote​

1. you did this before when you plastered a statement and then you tried to go back and attribute that statement to David Letterman...for Christ sake...learn how to utilize the quotations and then you might/possibly be clearly understood...maybe
2. you seem to be extremely emotionally driven to assert yourself between any question/discussion/point that anyone has with BOOBthebuilder...almost to the point of hysteria and mother BEAR type/style of protecting a lessor thinking/incapable bear cub...hmm
3. In order to prove your point {and now it makes perfect sense why you didn't bother to include my quotation} you exaggerate/fabricate/overly hysteria react to my question...maybe you need to cut that umbilical cord that you've attached to BOOBthebuilder and let that author stand on his own two feet
4. When to your overly charged interpretation does a question simply asked become an "then someone in thread attacked him, screamed and yelled give proof you liar exc" ...you seem to be hypercritical/almost unbalanced in what you read from my type written words...and yet you want me to treat you with respect and as an adult...REALLY :rolleyes:
5. Last but not least this GEM: "I wont have to get another nasty post of insults but the info could still be seen"...can't take the heat for 'ALWAYS' stepping into the fray for BOOBthebuilder then just resist the URGE to do that...or try to post with that rather difficult quotation option that you seem to have problems with and then the rest of us will clearly understand that those words/thoughts/opinions are not yours...you're just talking for somebody else :D

Having known more than my fair share of people who have taken thier own lives, it is among the worst for those who knew and loved someone.

Even those who I disagree with the most politically I still would never wish ill health or bodily harm on them, much less death.

I am not wishing anything, I am just saying I would not get mad about the stain.

I would not get mad if he quit right now either. I would not call him a quitter or any of that. I would just have a beer and be glad he was gone. Heck I would probably get out the good stuff for that

Fair enough, but I was responding to you because I came under fire when I wrote this...

Then I was treated to this tirade.

If you were talking about as VP I disagree with what you say but I would not use those words to disagree. But I think you are talking about in Alaska are you not? I do not know who voted for her or did not vote for her as Gov. I can only say that most all dems and repubs alike liked her till she was tapped.

There are a couple of people in the forum who do not speak to others in a nice way, I hope you notice more than just Bob.

Bob, you need to cut down the rhetoric, especially directed towards members of this site.

I was wondering if you get a chance to read most of the posts? To single bob out on this one is really odd, at least I have been reading all the threads I can and so far I have not found anyone else you are saying this to in forum.

Werbung:
If you were talking about as VP I disagree with what you say but I would not use those words to disagree. But I think you are talking about in Alaska are you not? I do not know who voted for her or did not vote for her as Gov. I can only say that most all dems and repubs alike liked her till she was tapped.
Yes I was referring to her rating as Governor among Alaskans.
There are a couple of people in the forum who do not speak to others in a nice way, I hope you notice more than just Bob.
I do. But the levels are different. I try to let as much go as I can. But when I get multiple reports about a single post that makes such blanket statements about one side being dog rapist lying pieces of ****, that brings the quality of posts overall here down. Not in my nor anyone's interest for that to happen.

Back